Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOT IT! Now I get the whole thing. The part where the plant went in the water is the one part I was confused on. When and how it happened.
Just my 2 cents as a dirt grower...:
:yeahthat:
Kudos for seeking advice, but I'd get really comfortable with the process before dropping any beans.:bighug:
Trust me, I've killed more seed than Trojan. :face:

If she is on a phone she would need to turn it sideways into landscape mode to see that stuff!

just sayin not in landscape mode:toke::d5:
BB1D6912-5B7C-4CC1-91C6-8C63ABFC450B.png

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Sunday Stoners!

I know @JM's vids are long but do yourselves a favor and make time to watch them. My mind is racing with the possibilities and implications. I goota go watch the first one.

Had to go up and service the chlorinating system at our reservoir and then a trip to town before the snow, and with it being a lazy day, a McD's sausage egg Mcmuffin was wolfed down on the drive home!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I enjoyed my sausage MOG muffin so much yesterday I made Egg MOG Muffins today. Look Ma' real ham :rofl:

IMG_20230122_095458288.jpg

Now that I have a game plan and have at least an idea about ro water, I want to start catching rain water too. Maybe some decorative barrels with plastic
I've heard about chloromine, it sounds like some very nasty stuff. :pass:
Chloramines are formed by the use of chlorine and ammonia for water sanitation. It is really not much of a problem in growing in soil but in hydro it needs to be neutralized. Really a simple measure. It is very easy to treat for it. Just use ascorbic acid. You are looking for ascorbic acid - vitamin C. The store brand is usually the cheapest without other stuff added in. 50mg per gallon will treat water with 3.8 PPM of chloramines. This is the typical level in treated water.

My new rain water storage system. Using one of my all grain brewing barrels. Just an easy way to add it and draw it off later after collecting it.
Pay no attention to those fake anhueser bush stamps hahahaha

View attachment 1558179
Are you a homebrewer? I had to quit brewing about 18 years ago because of my diabetes. You cannot have 45 gallons of ale around, it is just too tempting.
IMG_20230122_120050791.jpg

Aquaponics @RosaB .......:watering:...fish poop for the Win.........:headbang:

I tried aquaponics the weed smelled like a scummy pond tasted like fish shit..... I kid you not.

My brain thinks I am still a teenager. My body knows different.

Umm well I think that puts you up there with being one of oldest members:pighug: :worship::worship::worship::toke:

I know the older i get I appreciate it :toke:
Not even close. I am 72 this year.

Hey guys, so I am really interested in trying a hydroponic grow. I've been looking at how to do it cheaply, and I just want to make sure I understand things.

1. I can take a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, cut a hole in the lid and put one of these guys in there
Amazon product

2. Fill the bucket full of water and nutrient solution (I already have General Hydroponics stuff)

3. Soak rockwool cubes in water Amazon product and then put that in the bottom of the basket, partially in water, to start my seed in.

4. Cut a separate smaller hole in the lid to put a bubbler in, and to use as a dip stick hole to check water level.

Things I'm confused about -

Do I ever need to dump the water? How do I know if the nutrients are correct? Do I just add more nutrients in the same proportions with any additional water I add to the bucket? Or is there where I would need a ppm meter for something?

How does the seedling not get root rot, being in water full time like that?

How long will the water take, when the plants are mostly grown, to evaporate? I'm kind of looking for something that can support my plants while I'm gone for 2 weeks on vacation this summer.

first of all hydro is an everyday grow style, now way without a lot of expennsive equipment to automate it but it is a great way to grow.

@Blue_dreamer This is a good place to start. Then drop in to my Widow Creeps on an Elephant thread in my signature for a nutrient schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back