Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that was my question then. So do I just sprout in the rockwool cube, and then just put it in the basket and the roots start growing into the water?
No fill net pot with the clay pebbles and once seed sprouts set rockwool cube nestled into the clay pebbles in net pot and then the net pot goes into top of bucket! Water will need to be filled enough to keep rockwool moist and as roots grow down into water u will lower water level when u refill or change buckets water out!

No fill net pot with the clay pebbles and once seed sprouts set rockwool cube nestled into the clay pebbles in net pot and then the net pot goes into top of bucket! Water will need to be filled enough to keep rockwool moist and as roots grow down into water u will lower water level when u refill or change buckets water out!

GOT IT! Now I get the whole thing. The part where the plant went in the water is the one part I was confused on. When and how it happened.

I bet that was one heck of a party! :d5:
I'm back from a bit of a wander so don't know everyone here. Have you been on afn long? And a :slap: for not only knowing but seeing Dr hook! :biggrin::pass:

I've been around on and off since about October. Started my first grew in September.

They were pretty old, and I'm not sure if it was all the original members, but yeah I saw them. The only song I knew was Cover of the Rolling Stone, and they sang it a few times, LOL.

Could be worse, a few years before that, Lost Prophets cancelled at the last minute and it damn near caused a riot. Then a few years after that we all found out the lead singer was a pedophile.

Hey guys, so I am really interested in trying a hydroponic grow. I've been looking at how to do it cheaply, and I just want to make sure I understand things.

1. I can take a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, cut a hole in the lid and put one of these guys in there
Amazon product

2. Fill the bucket full of water and nutrient solution (I already have General Hydroponics stuff)

3. Soak rockwool cubes in water Amazon product and then put that in the bottom of the basket, partially in water, to start my seed in.

4. Cut a separate smaller hole in the lid to put a bubbler in, and to use as a dip stick hole to check water level.

Things I'm confused about -

Do I ever need to dump the water? How do I know if the nutrients are correct? Do I just add more nutrients in the same proportions with any additional water I add to the bucket? Or is there where I would need a ppm meter for something?

How does the seedling not get root rot, being in water full time like that?

How long will the water take, when the plants are mostly grown, to evaporate? I'm kind of looking for something that can support my plants while I'm gone for 2 weeks on vacation this summer.

I haven't tried Deep Water Culture, but two weeks sounds like a long time on auto-pilot. Maybe you need a grow-mate to take over while you're gone? or schedule your trip between grows?

I haven't tried Deep Water Culture, but two weeks sounds like a long time on auto-pilot. Maybe you need a grow-mate to take over while you're gone? or schedule your trip between grows?

Its the first 2 weeks of June.

So yeah, I think I'm just gonna have to pause any grows while I'm gone, because I don't trust anyone enough to take care of things while I'm gone.

Its the first 2 weeks of June.

So yeah, I think I'm just gonna have to pause any grows while I'm gone, because I don't trust anyone enough to take care of things while I'm gone.
Soil+blumats+a large reservoir u could go away no problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back