Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I am really interested in trying a hydroponic grow. I've been looking at how to do it cheaply, and I just want to make sure I understand things.

1. I can take a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, cut a hole in the lid and put one of these guys in there
Amazon product

2. Fill the bucket full of water and nutrient solution (I already have General Hydroponics stuff)

3. Soak rockwool cubes in water Amazon product and then put that in the bottom of the basket, partially in water, to start my seed in.

4. Cut a separate smaller hole in the lid to put a bubbler in, and to use as a dip stick hole to check water level.

Things I'm confused about -

Do I ever need to dump the water? How do I know if the nutrients are correct? Do I just add more nutrients in the same proportions with any additional water I add to the bucket? Or is there where I would need a ppm meter for something?

How does the seedling not get root rot, being in water full time like that?

How long will the water take, when the plants are mostly grown, to evaporate? I'm kind of looking for something that can support my plants while I'm gone for 2 weeks on vacation this summer.

U need to sprout seed in rockwool outside the net pot…then net pot needs to be filled with rockwool, coco, clay pellets and then u will set the sprouted rockwool cube into the top! How big are them cubes i am too lazy to go to the link! ;) :rofl:

U need to sprout seed in rockwool outside the net pot…then net pot needs to be filled with rockwool, coco, clay pellets and then u will set the sprouted rockwool cube into the top! How big are them cubes i am too lazy to go to the link! ;) :rofl:

ok, so I sprout in rockwool, and then sit it on the pot. And now I understand where the clay pellets come into play. Makes sense.

Hey guys, so I am really interested in trying a hydroponic grow. I've been looking at how to do it cheaply, and I just want to make sure I understand things.

1. I can take a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, cut a hole in the lid and put one of these guys in there
Amazon product

2. Fill the bucket full of water and nutrient solution (I already have General Hydroponics stuff)

3. Soak rockwool cubes in water Amazon product and then put that in the bottom of the basket, partially in water, to start my seed in.

4. Cut a separate smaller hole in the lid to put a bubbler in, and to use as a dip stick hole to check water level.

Things I'm confused about -

Do I ever need to dump the water? How do I know if the nutrients are correct? Do I just add more nutrients in the same proportions with any additional water I add to the bucket? Or is there where I would need a ppm meter for something?

How does the seedling not get root rot, being in water full time like that?

How long will the water take, when the plants are mostly grown, to evaporate? I'm kind of looking for something that can support my plants while I'm gone for 2 weeks on vacation this summer.

This would probably be a good place to start

In case it was unclear i dont mean u fill the net pot with all 3! Any of them will work! :crying:

In case it was unclear i dont mean u fill the net pot with all 3! Any of them will work! :crying:

I guess that was my question then. So do I just sprout in the rockwool cube, and then just put it in the basket and the roots start growing into the water?

But he also said almost double his age... Maybe it's a riddle

1674419164478.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back