Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be damned there was a John boy hahaha
Ya I'm freaking whacked hahaha
waltons-the.gif

Cool, I was thinking I need to get an EB regular in rotation.
I;m running 2 Regs and 2 Jrs in my 4x4. Not gonna run anything in between them on the upcoming run, unless something comes up. It would have to be very important.
The Regs will be planted on one end. I can get them 'on the rez' sooner by watering around the plant and that end's wicking spot. I can get that relationship set up sooner than planting in the center.
I don't know if you noticed how I'm setting up my EBs now. To keep top dressings to a minimum and having nutes seamlessly available, I'm adding the first building of the nute bank at set up. This give the nute bank time to being broken down my the microbes and other bennies. The Oly compost and worm castings will bring the bigger life bennies. The Coast of Maine has been sitting in a tote with only Dynomoco and plain water for proper moisture content.
The Coast of Maine will go in Regs. I'm leaving plenty of room for top dressings, a little ofer an inch from the top. It's reported a bit hot for seedlings, so I'll have a pocket of plain Roots Organic to plant into. I'll build the nute bank, but leave area around the planting area. That gets some at the second dressing. It's one half of what I'm gonna I'm gonna use on the plant, so it's a pretty good size. I'll bring up the moisture content on the nute mound with Recharge and Tablespoon Medina Molasses per gal.
Cut a big X for the seedling in the cover, tape it back open, add Bokashi on mound and install the cover to keep the bennies happy and productive.
Girls should be ready for SOME water in the rez by day 12-14, by watering around the wicking spot and plant.
Second Top dressing will be a week after first signs of flower. When growing photos, I'll do it when I flip. The second top dressing will be based on size of the girl and feeder root intrusion combined.
I've a few new things I'll use on the next run that will hopefully bring up the grow a few notches,

Hopefully the next will be even more productive. I think it will be interesting and stimulating.

Last edited:
And it's wicked easy to make a 4N/4M KCl solution!!!
I'm not sure what that is :doh::biggrin:
The storage solution for most pH meters

yup I just use the apera stuff but will be making my own when I need more which will be soon this is what @Olderfart told me about making KCI storage solution

“I buy pure KCL online, and add ~17g/ 100ml, which gives about a 3M solution which is what Apera uses according to their website. The homemade stuff has no preservative in it, so it eventually seems to grow stuff. Since it is so cheap to make, I just change it regularly. It stays cleaner longer if you rinse the probe with RO before replacing in the storage cap.

The biggie with these pens is never let them dry out. If they are not taking readings, they need to be stored in solution. Some tolerate this abuse more than others, but drying them out harms them all”

K Cl is just a salt like Na Cl but potassium ion I stead of sodium and easily ordered as a salt.
Some meters want it at a fixed concentration of 4 molar (just a measure of how much salt you add just like to your pasta water.
Some want 3 molar your meter will say.)
Using the right storage solution will definitely prolong the life of your pH meter

I've got calculators you tell me the molarity you want how much RO/DI you want to use I'll tell you how much salt to add.
ALWAYS add salt/acid/base to water
NEVER
Water to acid/base/salt it's way safer.
Always wear safety glasses,
You can walk with a fake leg, you can pick up shit with a fake hand you CAN'T see with a fake eye
2Q==.jpg

I will get ready!:jump::stir:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back