Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1673554714908.jpg

There is no science about the issue at hand. It is impossible to generate 40% waste nutes by fertigating to 20% runoff, whether it is done 1 time or 50 times a day. The arithmetic is simple. The percentage figure normally used is runoff divided by fertigation volume. Total runoff for the day divided by total input for the day will still be 20% at the end of the day - not science, just straight arithmetic. It appears that the calculations that I am familiar with are not being used. I would love to see numbers to clarify what the 40% actually means.
Lmao i was only referring to how much water them rockwool cubes hold! I know nothing about the rest! ;)

I hate it when I cannot explain myself.

We are indeed calculating exactly the same. I am just doing it twice in the same 24 hour period in this 8 on 4 off experiment.
I think you need to double both the numerator (total runoff for the day) and the denominator (total input for the day). Maybe you are not doubling the input. :shrug:

I think you need to double both the numerator (total runoff for the day) and the denominator (total input for the day). Maybe you are not doubling the input. :shrug:
1673835935389.gif

Lmao i was only referring to how much water them rockwool cubes hold! I know nothing about the rest! ;)
Yeah, rockwool holds a lot of water. Actually, I believe that rockwool may be easier to overwater than coco is because of that, but @Mañ'O'Green is the rockwool expert here. I know I have seen warnings elsewhere about overwatering small seedlings in rockwool. One of the grow types I have never tried. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back