Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that what there's a huge thing with distrust of vaccinations in no small part linked to this particular researcher (a gastroenterologist) who's findings were redacted never ever been able to be duplicated even by he himself and there were discrepancies with conflict of interest and his own "thoughtfull house freely admits there is no connection between MMR vaccines and autism" yet this things die hard. Vaccinations are free choice thing and I'm not advocating you do anything nor would a care to really debate this I don't see it as a productive conversation.

As a medicinal chemist I feel what may be overlooked is there's a LOT of really good very concerned people out there whose sole interest in the lab (beyond obviously esrning a living) is advancing the human condition doing something with your life that might just help people.
I agree we've mixed this with big business (like it or not it takes insane money to get thru clinical trials with idk something like 10% on average and bump that to maybe 21 % if we exclude oncology drugs ever reaching approval) in an industry where your lucky to work your entire career and Actually personally know anyone who worked on a successful drug...
and greed cause people to make insanely stupid poor decisions "case in point epi pens" , Elizabeth Holmes and of course Perdue Pharma!

However what happened with Wakefield is true and well documented.
Do get vaccines don't get vaccines as an adult that your choice and I in no way have any interest in telling people what to do.
Knowing at least some history and how we got here can be interesting...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html

The reason I even bothered is B/C I find this quite interesting and while we have no clue how this performes in higher species let alone in humans...
I feel (not know) the potential for things like heart at disease, dementia ( more likely if caught early) and other conditions that afflict people could possibly be huge. No doubt this is years away from fruition if it ever even gets that far....

Simply informational I really have no interest in disagreeing with people's personal convictions or beliefs

Last edited:
I like 6 it's a good solid number they say 4 but I don't trust that I'll do 5 but ya know it can vary esp if like a lotta lakes/ponds here there's an inlet and outlet. I usually walk out knee deep and hand drill a hole. Right now we have the big donut nothing
I like showing this guide as a reference because it is the standards for actual saftey. But the joke is great.
Screenshot_20230114_075829_Google.jpg

I like showing this guide as a reference because it is the standards for actual saftey. But the joke is great.
View attachment 1555672
I absolutely love seeing people out there in snowmobiles an 4 wheelers, provided they're not using my ice traps as a Solomon course (oh yes they do) cause I feel a shit ton safer.
Can't say I've ever seen a trex unless we count my cheap ass friend who has Trex arms that never quite reach his pockets hahaha

I absolutely love seeing people out there in snowmobiles an 4 wheelers, provided they're not using my ice traps as a Solomon course (oh yes they do) cause I feel a shit ton safer.
Can't say I've ever seen a trex unless we count my cheap ass friend who has Trex arms that never quite reach his pockets hahaha
In wi, theres at least 1 truck, 1 car, multiple snowmobiles and atvs, and at least 1 person and shantey go thru the ice somewhere. People here are literally insane about ice fishing.

Yeah Ill pass. Take my yak out in the summer.
20210908_073531.jpg

Much better than freezing!

In wi, theres at least 1 truck, 1 car, multiple snowmobiles and atvs, and at least 1 person and shantey go thru the ice somewhere. People here are literally insane about ice fishing.

Yeah Ill pass. Take my yak out in the summer.
View attachment 1555682
Much better than freezing!
I feel like the shining stuck in the house all winter lol. 90% of ice fishing is just getting out in the sun feeling the fresh air, hanging out and bullshitting with your buddies. At least for me lol

No shanties for us we just walk out back up to the tree line and sit on sheet rock buckets lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back