Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way back when ex 1 and I were early on in the relationship I went to family day at the Quantico base. He was a WTB pistol instructor so I spent the whole day at the range hanging out. The 1911 was and still is my favorite handgun I've ever shot.
It's the balance and grip angle. It helps with the 'natural' feel of the pistol.
Other than the number of bullets, the only negative I have with a standard 1911 is the size of the grip. I have big hands. My palm extends past the end of the grip. If the feel of the 1911 wasn't so natural, it would bug the hell outta me. I'll tolerate that from specific purpose hand guns. I have a tiny .380 Beretta that I carry when in a suit.
I like a big double stack for the size and how it fits in my hand. I feel that I have better control at an easier grip level. The more at ease you feel with handling a weapon, the better the accuracy can be. I think the heft helps in reacquiring the target quicker.
I absolutely hate these lightweight hand guns. I won't own a Glock!

Big caliber handguns are cool, but just not practical. My friend must have had a tiny peepee, because all he carried was stupid ass hog legs pistols. He used to dog me all the time about my 92F.
"What ya gonna do with that little ol' thang?" Was a common silliness coming from his mouth. I knew it was a lost cause with him and all I'd say to him is "Bullit Placement!"
I finally got tired of it one day I was over at his place. I called is ass out! I tried to make it easy as possible on him and made the distance only 25 yds with the sillouette target. Ya have 3 shot to fire as quickly and accurately as possible. He got all three shot off, not very quick and he just nicked an arm.
Bam, Bam, Bam! Two center mass and one in the head....very quickly.

"Sum' bitch!" was his reply. :haha:
I set up another! Go again! Nope! Didn't hit nuffin, not even on the board. I told him to just slow down and take your time. He did better, but still slow as hell and not very accurate.
I told him even if you have a vest, I'm still gonna knock you back and put one in your head as you go backwards. Your only hope is to get a lucky shot off early, but you just can't acquire your target that quick with that hogleg.

He still loves his big hand guns! :funny::face::gassy:

Rolllin' Stones? Really Grandpa? Jebus!:face::gassy:

:bong:
Screenshot_20230331-212124~2.png

It's the balance and grip angle. It helps with the 'natural' feel of the pistol.
Other than the number of bullets, the only negative I have with a standard 1911 is the size of the grip. I have big hands. My palm extends past the end of the grip. If the feel of the 1911 wasn't so natural, it would bug the hell outta me. I'll tolerate that from specific purpose hand guns. I have a tiny .380 Beretta that I carry when in a suit.
I like a big double stack for the size and how it fits in my hand. I feel that I have better control at an easier grip level. The more at ease you feel with handling a weapon, the better the accuracy can be. I think the heft helps in reacquiring the target quicker.
I absolutely hate these lightweight hand guns. I won't own a Glock!

Big caliber handguns are cool, but just not practical. My friend must have had a tiny peepee, because all he carried was stupid ass hog legs pistols. He used to dog me all the time about my 92F.
"What ya gonna do with that little ol' thang?" Was a common silliness coming from his mouth. I knew it was a lost cause with him and all I'd say to him is "Bullit Placement!"
I finally got tired of it one day I was over at his place. I called is ass out! I tried to make it easy as possible on him and made the distance only 25 yds with the sillouette target. Ya have 3 shot to fire as quickly and accurately as possible. He got all three shot off, not very quick and he just nicked an arm.
Bam, Bam, Bam! Two center mass and one in the head....very quickly.

"Sum' bitch!" was his reply. :haha:
I set up another! Go again! Nope! Didn't hit nuffin, not even on the board. I told him to just slow down and take your time. He did better, but still slow as hell and not very accurate.
I told him even if you have a vest, I'm still gonna knock you back and put one in your head as you go backwards. Your only hope is to get a lucky shot off early, but you just can't acquire your target that quick with that hogleg.

He still loves his big hand guns! :funny::face::gassy:
I can't stand a pistol grip that is smaller than my hand! I really.like the M&P45, nice grip being a double stack 45 full size duty pistol, rather obvious when carrying concealed, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back