Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reps @Zaaboot now I got beef on the brain and the wife is cooking chicken :dammit:
200.gif
Nothing worse! Taste buds preset for one flavor and get something else.......
Sorta like grabbing that glass of water and it actually being everclear on the rocks and taking a big gulp....LOL

Nothing worse! Taste buds preset for one flavor and get something else.......
Sorta like grabbing that glass of water and it actually being everclear on the rocks and taking a big gulp....LOL

Did something like that not to long ago.. Had a pepsi sitting on the desk left the cap off for little while(normally don't do) well when I went to take my next drink a ladybug had crawled in there that was nasty :chef:
200w.gif

Those of you that have pH meters, like the Apera Ph20.

Do you like them? Do they hold accuracy? How often do you have to re-calibrate it?

I've been debating about buying one because I know I'm gonna need it for my hydroponics stuff here soon. I'm doing it with ph drops right now and its a real pain in the ass.

Those of you that have pH meters, like the Apera Ph20.

Do you like them? Do they hold accuracy? How often do you have to re-calibrate it?

I've been debating about buying one because I know I'm gonna need it for my hydroponics stuff here soon. I'm doing it with ph drops right now and its a real pain in the ass.
Yes, I have the ph20. I got the kit with the test fluid reservoirs and the storage solution. It’s real accurate. I pretty much know what my ph is for range, but municipalities are constantly changing so I recalibrate every month then test. Last time it sat for 3 mos and checked oh before and after calibration. In the 4 range it had slid .2 but all others checked. Very good instrument and pretty easy to understand and calibrate!

F it, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a $25 ph and TDS combo meter. I can't afford the Apera combo at $150. But if I like this and then after a while it stops working, I'll upgrade. I just want to see how much I actually use it.

Went with this one - Amazon product

If you look at the design of all of the ones in the $25-$50 range, that one, the vivosun, and a bunch of others, you'll notice they all have the exact same case design, button layout, screen layout, etc. just different colors and stickers. I guarantee all of them are coming off the same factory line.

F it, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a $25 ph and TDS combo meter. I can't afford the Apera combo at $150. But if I like this and then after a while it stops working, I'll upgrade. I just want to see how much I actually use it.

Went with this one - Amazon product

If you look at the design of all of the ones in the $25-$50 range, that one, the vivosun, and a bunch of others, you'll notice they all have the exact same case design, button layout, screen layout, etc. just different colors and stickers. I guarantee all of them are coming off the same factory line.

Just good quality Chinese craftsmanship. Mine looks exactly like that too, and I paid about the same for it. It works and it's cheap and there's so much other shtuff to buy...

Just good quality Chinese craftsmanship. Mine looks exactly like that too, and I paid about the same for it. It works and it's cheap and there's so much other shtuff to buy...

I go by the harbor freight methodology for my tools.

I'll buy a cheap one the first time. If I break it or I like it so much I want to upgrade, I do it. If I hate it, well, I didn't lose much at all.

A bunch of my stuff is harbor freight brand. I trust anything of theirs that isn't electric. Ratchets, sockets, measuring tapes etc.

I used a grinder so much it caught on fire because I smoked the windings in the motor, so I went out and bought a name brand one.

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Sunday Live Stoners!

Yup..I mostly use Prego as a base cause I find it less acidic and doctor the living hell out of it then slow heat up for an hour or 3.
I find a few good ones that don't have ingredients that trigger my IBS. The Newman's Own has a couple that I like as a base and I like that his profits go to charity.

I made 15# of Chicken Sausage this morning 10# of regular breakfast sausage and and 5# of an experimental spice with poultry seasoning, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and goat butter. I am thinking sausage sandwich for lunch with it.

I boned out yield of 9.5# of chicken thighs with skin and added 5.5# of boneless skinless breast meat then added the spices and run through the grinder. I put it in the frig for overnight because it has been out of refrigeration long enough by the time it is ground. I will make it into patties tomorrow and freeze them.

IMG_20230326_112040272.jpg
IMG_20230326_113608708.jpg

Weather has been so abnormal this winter/spring I have nearly 20" in my rain gauge so far with another big storm Tuesday - Thursday! That is nearly double a normal year. I am sure you have heard about the flooding in Tulare. They are calling it Biblical :crying: what a bunch of maroons. It was a lake there for hundreds of thousands of years. Yet it has been since 1983 the last time it flooded. Tomorrow night then 3 nights in a row it will be in low to mid 30S too cold for my potatoes. They are just going to have to tough it out

Thanks for the reps @Zaaboot now I got beef on the brain and the wife is cooking chicken :dammit:
200.gif

Shame @Lil Dab ........:chef:.....shame........

IMG_4427.JPG

Shame.......:eyebrows:......

IMG_4430.JPG

Gravy off the beef shin I cooked the other day......yummmmmmmmmm.........

Sometimes I Believe I'm Evil.......:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back