Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
...the company didn't give sick leave or vacation so I was just like "well, guess I've gotta go in" 🤣🤣🤣 the system is fucking dumb

That is such a terrible mindset for a company. I passed Dengue fever around the office in the 80's after a trip to Malaysia. I was young and fit so it didn't give me much trouble. Some of the others? Well, a weeks long high fever and debilitating joint pains were a fitting lesson.

G'day Talon X

View attachment 1576185

tumblr_n4vn27wzae1rsq60go1_500.gif

:crying:
:pass: :bighug:
Oh that's Funny AF, but very old. I'm tryin' to remember exactly what year is was, but I think it was 7th grade. My friend, Bobby Joe, was Star Trek nut and a very talented artist. He had LOTS of pencil drawings of the Enterprise. He was a very focused and driven individual...................and a HUGE geeky nerd. He was a humorous person, but it was geeky nerd humor. Funny AF at times. So what he did was so outta character, it was "You go to the Principal's Office NOW!" funny!
It was in science class and the teacher was rambling about some other subject. I was in the back seat of the class and Bobby was just in front of me. He was intent;y working on something. I assumed it was one of his Enterprise drawing.....the teacher didn't bother him much about his drawings.
I was eyeballin' a particular girl as the teacher rambled on. Bobby caught my attention, "Hey Bill! Live Long and Prosper!"......and he flashed me 'tha hand'!
It caught me so damn off guard, I busted out in uncontrollable gut-wrenching laughter! Jerry, to my left, busted out too! Bobby Joe closed his hand and slowly and nonchalantly faces front. I caught a glimpse of his face as it went expressionless.
He pulled it off well, because the teacher directed her attention mainly to me, with flashing glances at Jerry.
I couldn't help myself! It was just so damn outta character for him! The teacher and I were at a sorta awkward point in our teacher/student relationship. I just got moved to the back of the class by the teacher. The teacher was the youngest in the whole school district and we were her first class. She was 22 or 23.
This teacher loved to sit on her desk during some of her discussions. This was the 70's and dresses were short. I'm right next to her desk. This was the second day in a row with the 'sitting on the desk' discussions. The class bell rang and everyone started to leave. I stalled in getting my stuff gathered up to be last out. It was Friday and the teacher always said good by for the weekend. She wished me a great weekend. I moved in just a little and lowered my voice, "I liked the light blue ones much better.", as I'm slowly leaving the room.
The transition from confused, to realization, to embarrassment and then to some look I couldn't identify, was insanely hilarious and far exceeded my intended results by a vast margin!
Monday comes around and I'm moved to the back! The downturn of her eyes after she tells me to swap seats, told me she still felt awkward about Friday. Bobby and Jerry made a comment, "Awwwww! Bill's not teacher's pet anymore!" I had never thought of myself like that and that was the first time it had come up. I blew it off at the time.

Anyway..........Teacher kept asking us what was so funny. We couldn't answer from laughing so hard. She repeated this several times. I attempted to say something, but just couldn't get it out. I guess that was the camel's straw.............GO TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE! NOW!
I was still snorting a little when I opened the office door ............and there was the Principal waiting on us with his hands on his hips. We're kids! Of course, we're intimidated and he was a big guy!
He GRILLS us! We go 'Sgt. Schultz'! We're sure not giving up Bobby Joe!
He's frustrated! He tries a little more and it sorta pisses me off. I had a fleeting though of telling about sum 'desk sittings', but I liked the teacher too much and it coulda backfired.
He finally accepted "We were just laughing and couldn't stop."

Bobby Joe's drawing was MUCH better!!!!!
:funny:
:funny: :funny: :funny:
Thanks for posting! That brought back some cool memories!
Bobby Joe became an Officer in the Army and served several deployments in the Sand Box! That was the last thing I thought he would do.

tumblr_n4vn27wzae1rsq60go1_500.gif

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
That's just funny!

Last edited:
I just got my first ever bonus. Never gotten one before, and my company implemented a program because they couldn't keep people around.

Getting 12% of my base salary for last year. Some crazy calculation based on how the company did and how I did. But I did good, they did good, and I'm getting a nice chunk of change to pay off my credit cards with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back