Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
E280320C-3DFC-44EC-8D15-84E9C0CF4096.jpeg

no idea why last post uploaded twice!

I am currently growing a (Mango Smile x Livers BX1) x Sour Diesel Orange Kush.
Mango Smile is one of my most recent favorites and I really like SODK as well, should be a great combo :thumbsup:

Mango Smile has that old school red eyes and stoned effect. Turned Amber/Brown during cure which I thought was neat, reminded me of the old chocolate Thai. Mine didn't really smell like Mango, more like anise..

SODK had floofy flowers but a really happy giggly high, about pissed myself watching the beginning of Cheech & Chong next movie (trash can scene)

My Livers BX1 got balls though and got pulled. So something to watch for there..

Mango Smile is one of my most recent favorites and I really like SODK as well, should be a great combo :thumbsup:

Mango Smile has that old school red eyes and stoned effect. Turned Amber/Brown during cure which I thought was neat, reminded me of the old chocolate Thai. Mine didn't really smell like Mango, more like anise..

SODK had floofy flowers but a really happy giggly high, about pissed myself watching the beginning of Cheech & Chong next movie (trash can scene)

My Livers BX1 got balls though and got pulled. So something to watch for there..

u jus wanted to uze "floofy" & "happy giggly" together in the same sentence :doh: ppp

debatable, in my opinion. The diets were "keto like", not confirmed keto, and depended on personal reporting rather than actual monitoring. IMO, the results would be more useful if individuals were actually tested through the entire study to confirm that they were in nutritional ketosis. Not only was that not done, the diets included were often, if not mostly, just higher fat diets but not sufficiently low carb to put and keep individuals in nutritional ketosis.

Another issue re. applicability to me personally is that I am not on keto to lose weight, I am on it to control type 2 diabetes. Unless a test properly compared diabetics on keto vs. diabetics not on keto (and therefore likely on other diabetes meds like Metformin or Insulin), the results would mean little to me. Also, I am only ~145lbs and very fit, so the test would have to include other diabetics like me, stratified by weight and condition. I will not be holding my breath for that study to be done soon, but you never know. Academic papers on control of diabetes with keto diet have started to be published, but there is a lot of work yet to be done to clarify all this stuff.

Bottom line for me is that keto achieves normal blood sugar for me (A1C of ~5.7) without medication. With medication, the normal sequence is gradual increase in meds to try to deal with the body accomodating to them, and most peeps end up on insulin eventually in spite of best efforts, and many end up with organ failure and/or amputations later as well. Not my cuppa, I will accept higher cardivascular risk (if indeed it would actually be higher than risks of diabetes, which I still seriously doubt). We are all going to die, and a quick heart attack would actually be one of my preferred options. But not yet... :pighug:
I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes ~20 years ago. I did Atkins for almost 4 years. I ate a little more protein than a pure Atkins because the Doc said it was a little too high fat otherwise. I lost about 40# and it did help bring the BS down. The problem was it makes your body PH high and I started getting kidney stones because of the high PH. I have passed about 15 or more 1-2mm stones over the years even though I stopped the Keto type diet. Evidently once you start making KS you tend to keep making them. I have passed a 5mm and had to have lithotripsy on a giant 12mm one.

The real key to long term control is to loose weight.

I am 90# lighter than my heaviest weight and keep the complex carbs ~20% or less of daily intake, Limit simple carbs to a single treat, ~ 20-30% lean meat protein mostly poultry, fish 20-30% fats (olive oil, avocado oil, butter and a little coconut oil) the rest must be Vegetables and whole fruits and berries.

I cheat but not too often because life ain't worth living without a baked potato or fries or sourdough bread. Quinoa pasta is easy on my BS but chinese style sticky rice sends it up to 180 for many hours.

My last A1C was 5.7 only using metformin and has been under 6.2 for the last 3 years. I used to have 9s 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back