Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids had some Panera fundraiser thing tonight where the school gets 20% of the sales. I was gonna order stuff for hubby to pick up when #3 gets out of dance, till I saw that they're charging $7 for a kids cup of soup and $9 for a kids personal pizza. I used to work there when I was pregnant with #3, haven't eaten there in almost 9 years on principle, sure as shit not about to spend $70 on microwaved dinner for the five of us. Rather just give the school cash at that point. :face:
That's what we do. $50 cash donation and no obligation to attend anything. $150 might be tougher to make up.

Gonna need a bigger boat (bottle?)
Screenshot_20230307_192016_Facebook.jpg

Posted this over on reddit as well, but here is my Original Sensible Seeds Auto Destroyer after a trim up.

1678234739668.png

I just gave her a nice little haircut so some of the lower leaves could get some light, and trimmed off any little popcorn buds around the bottom before they had time to grow. This thing is quickly turning into my biggest plant so far, even bigger than my Gorilla Cookies, that I got 2.5 oz off of! Its at day 66, and it has at least another month yet. I am literally throwing nutes at this thing that I think would burn it. Its been taking double doses of Tiger Bloom, with no burning or anything. It just gulps it up.

He was playing *something* before school. Thought he was still on a Zelda kick but it could have been skyrim maybe? I've been playing ESO which probably reminded him he had skyrim for his switch lol. And yeah not super age appropriate but not super bad either and they've watched me play through skyrim several times since they were preschoolers lmao. Bought it for him after he went above and beyond being helpful when we were moving

I used bird seed tek, pasteurized the horse shit, gypsum and perlite in a pillow case submerged in water in a brew keg kettle and grew in a plastic tub. Being nearly sterile clean is the hardest part.
View attachment 1571535View attachment 1571536View attachment 1571537View attachment 1571538View attachment 1571539

I was just reading where the Keto type diet is leading to more heart attacks due to high cholesterol from the fat?
debatable, in my opinion. The diets were "keto like", not confirmed keto, and depended on personal reporting rather than actual monitoring. IMO, the results would be more useful if individuals were actually tested through the entire study to confirm that they were in nutritional ketosis. Not only was that not done, the diets included were often, if not mostly, just higher fat diets but not sufficiently low carb to put and keep individuals in nutritional ketosis.

Another issue re. applicability to me personally is that I am not on keto to lose weight, I am on it to control type 2 diabetes. Unless a test properly compared diabetics on keto vs. diabetics not on keto (and therefore likely on other diabetes meds like Metformin or Insulin), the results would mean little to me. Also, I am only ~145lbs and very fit, so the test would have to include other diabetics like me, stratified by weight and condition. I will not be holding my breath for that study to be done soon, but you never know. Academic papers on control of diabetes with keto diet have started to be published, but there is a lot of work yet to be done to clarify all this stuff.

Bottom line for me is that keto achieves normal blood sugar for me (A1C of ~5.7) without medication. With medication, the normal sequence is gradual increase in meds to try to deal with the body accomodating to them, and most peeps end up on insulin eventually in spite of best efforts, and many end up with organ failure and/or amputations later as well. Not my cuppa, I will accept higher cardivascular risk (if indeed it would actually be higher than risks of diabetes, which I still seriously doubt). We are all going to die, and a quick heart attack would actually be one of my preferred options. But not yet... :pighug:

debatable, in my opinion. The diets were "keto like", not confirmed keto, and depended on personal reporting rather than actual monitoring. IMO, the results would be more useful if individuals were actually tested through the entire study to confirm that they were in nutritional ketosis. Not only was that not done, the diets included were often, if not mostly, just higher fat diets but not sufficiently low carb to put and keep individuals in nutritional ketosis.

Another issue re. applicability to me personally is that I am not on keto to lose weight, I am on it to control type 2 diabetes. Unless a test properly compared diabetics on keto vs. diabetics not on keto (and therefore likely on other diabetes meds like Metformin or Insulin), the results would mean little to me. Also, I am only ~145lbs and very fit, so the test would have to include other diabetics like me, stratified by weight and condition. I will not be holding my breath for that study to be done soon, but you never know. Academic papers on control of diabetes with keto diet have started to be published, but there is a lot of work yet to be done to clarify all this stuff.

Bottom line for me is that keto achieves normal blood sugar for me (A1C of ~5.7) without medication. With medication, the normal sequence is gradual increase in meds to try to deal with the body accomodating to them, and most peeps end up on insulin eventually in spite of best efforts, and many end up with organ failure and/or amputations later as well. Not my cuppa, I will accept higher cardivascular risk (if indeed it would actually be higher than risks of diabetes, which I still seriously doubt). We are all going to die, and a quick heart attack would actually be one of my preferred options. But not yet... :pighug:

I have Type 2 and am on metformin.

I did keto for a year.

I'd rather have diabetes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back