Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about gassing my weed, but the concept is interesting. Anybody ever heard of this before? Pressurized argon gas for storage...
sounds like a job for my argon welding tank... :) I have considered using oxysorb packets, but haven't done it. The Argon might do the job well as long as it didn't result in overdrying after the cure. I may give it a try since I have the argon. Thanks for the head's up. :pighug:

Bought this water distiller....for carnivorous plants and my reptile foggers.....View attachment 1570572
It''l also make 40% alcohol from a sugar wash a mash or wine etc.
there is a new are still which will do 90% (180 proof) with a heads catcher.
Ideal for making tinctures and alcohol extractions if you run it through twice!
No more buying ever clear and you stash it in the closet, anyone ask it is for distilling water, like you said!

@JP1 Looked at the site for that argon gas. Interesting concept, but seems overpriced. Seemed like they really wanted you to buy one of their t-shirts, lol. I don't see why CO2 would work any less than Argon, both are inert. Or even better would be just plain nitrogen. As long as their is no oxygen would be the real key. You could get a paintball tank filled with nitrogen or CO2 for like $10 and it would last years.

I've just had it straight from @wwwillie ....there is no problem loading photos etc.......

Although Server update it is not over....he hasn't done the Final Save.....so we are okay.

Don't go Nuts though....worst case senario is that info posted will be Lost.....:shrug:...that is no probs for stuff such as music vids etc.
That’s it exactly. We may loose a bit but I don’t think so.

I've been wanting a Uninterruptible Power Source (UPS) for my home server. I have a bunch of cameras and it records motion and stuff, and if the power goes out, I have to log in to restart everything back up. And if I'm on vacation or something, thats a massive pain.

So a 900 watt UPS new is $200

Instead, I got a used one for $115 on ebay without a battery.

Oh, but what about that? Well an OEM battery is only 20 amp hours! and is almost $200

But its just a lead acid battery.

And I can go to rural king and get a 500 amp hour marine deep cycle for $75 with a core charge, and I have a junk battery in the garage.

So I'll get the same UPS at the same price, but with 20x the battery storage and run time with no power.

:yeahthat:

Just make sure that the ups unit can handle the amp draw of your server setup, including anything that gets powered along with it. You can use whatever size of battery you want as long as it is 12 volts, but capacity of the ups relative to load is critical. If more amps than designed are pulled from the ups, it will either quit if it has that emergency shut down, or the overload could kill it.

I recycled mine when I discovered that my new desktop setup would overload it. Had that not been the case, I would have re-powered it with a larger external battery exactly as you suggest. :pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back