Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't mind a leggy plant, but I'd actually rather have something a little more squat just to keep the amount of light hitting each bud area as uniform/maximal as possible. When I have to raise the light to prevent burn, I'm doing so at the expense of shorter branches.

Personally, I don't mind a leggy plant, but I'd actually rather have something a little more squat just to keep the amount of light hitting each bud area as uniform/maximal as possible. When I have to raise the light to prevent burn, I'm doing so at the expense of shorter branches.
I live in a high humidity area..a bit of space between bud sites is beneficial to prevent bud rot. Nothing worse than having a big, fat cola you end up having to toss out.

I live in a high humidity area..a bit of space between bud sites is beneficial to prevent bud rot. Nothing worse than having a big, fat cola you end up having to toss out.

1 word.... may sound dirty... but..... penetration... ! :eyebrows: :eyebrows::crying:

seriously though, this is always a tricky balance.. especially with thicker denser buds... I really think soil health from day 1 is a HUGELY misrepresented factor in this.

not as bad as Mois......saturated..

giphy (61).gif
:drool: ppp

We have very high humidity in the summer here due to it being a river valley, so it is only fall and winter indoor grows for me or it is bud rot central! LOL

Last time I was at the dispensary I bought the cheapest ounce they had, it was "animal face", which isn't entirely a bad smoke at all. But it was so full of stems and seeds it was insane. I've tried 4 or 5 times to get the seeds to grow, but they would never pop.

Last night I sat at my desk for a few hours with my glass pipe and a little plastic cup with about 2 grams of weed in it, and I got at least a dozen seeds out of that 2 grams, it was just insane. Put them in a little cup with some warm water on top of my fridge so they'd stay warm. And now I finally have one that looks like its gonna sprout, possibly.

I assumed none of these sprouted and it was a cheap ounce, it had most likely went through one of those nuclear remediation things to kill mold, and that killed the seeds too.

But now that I have a seed opening, I question that. Does that remediation process kill the seeds? or are there other remediation processes that wouldn't?

Or, is this thing going to be some sort of genetic freak and be all like "killlll meeee....." when it grows up.

Last time I was at the dispensary I bought the cheapest ounce they had, it was "animal face", which isn't entirely a bad smoke at all. But it was so full of stems and seeds it was insane. I've tried 4 or 5 times to get the seeds to grow, but they would never pop.

Last night I sat at my desk for a few hours with my glass pipe and a little plastic cup with about 2 grams of weed in it, and I got at least a dozen seeds out of that 2 grams, it was just insane. Put them in a little cup with some warm water on top of my fridge so they'd stay warm. And now I finally have one that looks like its gonna sprout, possibly.

I assumed none of these sprouted and it was a cheap ounce, it had most likely went through one of those nuclear remediation things to kill mold, and that killed the seeds too.

But now that I have a seed opening, I question that. Does that remediation process kill the seeds? or are there other remediation processes that wouldn't?

Or, is this thing going to be some sort of genetic freak and be all like "killlll meeee....." when it grows up.

1676578217241.gif

And, is it worth it at all to put the time into growing this thing? I don't mind this strain, but I have to wonder what pollinated it. It could be anything from the same strain that went hermaphrodite, or wild hemp or something.

Although I guess since I could always clone it, I could grow it in a small container and see what its like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back