Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
1676568765842.gif

Ok, this is a stupid question, but what are you guys doing to get such leggy plants? My plants are always short and squat and barely put on any height.
It's likely genetics, but I've seen some grow journals where it appeared the soil or lights caused some of that. I saw one where they used coco with very little perlite and the plants all came out real compact. In fact, they were trying to grow an indica-dominant hybrid which was already squat in appearance and the buds came out so dense, the whole plant molded.

I have a Mephisto Sour Stomper going right now that is stretching like 3-6"/day. In my last grow, I grew 2 Double Grapes. One was short and squat and delivered beautiful, thick buds. The other was tall and stretchy. The buds weren't as tight, but excellent nonetheless. Each actually put out about the same amount of total bud too.

I also know that the spectral profile of the lights can affect how much stretch is caused by the light. Others here have studied that.

Try dimming your light. That'll make em stretch. Hydroguard for root rot :pass:

Hydroguard wouldn't be here for a week so I went with what I could get locally, but I ordered some stuff on amazon for next time.

I know dimming my light would make them stretch, but I want to pump as much energy into my plants as possible. I already keep my lights at 50% until about 4-5 weeks of age.

What size is it? Autopots trays were reasonably priced when i checked for 2x4 size and shipping was only like $15 vs $75+ from other places! Some places it was more expensive to ship it then the cost of actual tray itself!
Shipping has always been more then they trays. Found a store with one about and hour and a half away. On my way home with it now. $80 :cooldance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back