Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Mossy for the caturday slaps. Missing our boy. He never missed a meal.
6E987DAD-7142-44DB-8E11-FDEFC364AEEC.jpeg

:crying: Do Not Fart next to food when you are Naked......:headbang:

Scientists have farted directly into a Petri dish to find out if faeces floats around afterwards.

This unsophisticated experiment was attempted after an Australian doctor was asked by a nurse whether quietly farting during surgery would contaminate the operating theatre.

Dr Karl Kruszelnicki told listeners to his science phone-in radio show in Brisbane: 'I realised that I didn't know.

'But I was determined to find out.'

Dr Kruszelnicki contacted his friend Luke Tennent, a microbiologist in Canberra, who then got a colleague to fart two inches away from a Petri dish.

The experiment was carried out once while wearing clothes and another with no pants on.

Scientists farted onto a Petri dish to find out if farts contaminate the air with bacteria. The dishes were left overnight and one dish sprouted visible lumps of two types of bacteria that are usually found only in the gut and on the skin

+5
View gallery
Scientists farted onto a Petri dish to find out if farts contaminate the air with bacteria. The dishes were left overnight and one dish sprouted visible lumps of two types of bacteria that are usually found only in the gut and on the skin
Dishes were left overnight.

One dish sprouted visible growths of two types of bacteria that are usually found only in the gut and on the skin, which were splattered onto the dish by the force of the fart.

But the fart that had passed through clothing had no effect, suggesting the trousers acted as a filter, reported the journal BMJ.

Dr Kruszelnicki told the Canberra Times in 2001: 'The enteric zone in the second Petri dish was caused by the flatus itself, and the splatter ring around that was caused by the sheer velocity of the fart, which blew skin bacteria from the cheeks and blasted it onto the dish.

'It seems, therefore, that flatus can cause infection if the emitter is naked, but not if he or she is clothed.'

But the scientists stressed the results should not be considered alarming because the bacteria found was not harmful.

In fact, it was similar to the 'friendly' bacteria found in yoghurt, but they did suggest it was probably best if you didn't 'fart naked near food'.

If I'm allergic to dust does that mean I'm allergic to people?
It fluff season too. My pup has started blowing her under coat. Tumble weeds galore around the house.

20230211_150927.jpg

It fluff season too. My pup has started blowing her under coat. Tumble weeds galore around the house.

View attachment 1564519
I spoke to the fella I got Alfie from and I asked him how's his siblings look and did he have any up to date pics so I thought I'd share so first ones are Alfie and 3rd is his brother merlin who takes more after his mum as I met both parents with pups early on
IMG-20230113-WA0008.jpeg

b
20230119_201326.jpg

IMG-20230208-WA0009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back