Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opera can be pretty awesome live. Not a fan of dressing fancy to go to one, but a good one can fuck me up for a couple weeks. And they give you a break in the middle of the show to take a leak and go outside and get stoned real quick :thumbsup:It just doesn't come across as well recorded as it does in person
Agreed on the live performance difference, although I have only experienced the difference with music other than opera. One of these days, I might try one just to see how it goes. What could go wrong eh? :biggrin:

Yeah I could definitely get down with that... I like orchestra stuff I was in band and marching band all through school played the baritone and tuba

Well, if you want to have a listen to one of the best, IMO, head on over to Youtube and search out Yussi Bjorling on Ombra Mai Fu or he and Robert Merrill on the Pearl Fisher's Duet. These are about as good as opera gets for me. Bjorling is by a big margin my hands down favorite tenor. I would spend big to attend a performance of his, but I was only about twelve when he died in 1960. It is a damn shame that he did not live in more recent times when recording tech got better, but I am amazed at the quality of voice that is obvious even in those old recordings. :worship:

:what?: since when is RHCP rap? :yellowcard:

Ha! Just bustin yer balls!

always considered them rap with funk/rock mixed in...they were one of the first to combine all that. I do like older RHCP and there is some good stuff peppered in on their last few albums. Hated it when I first heard it, but saw them live in a club in SF opening for a friends older brother's band. Lets just say the brothers band got blown off the stage!

Morning DJ.......it's the Love you put into them you know..............:pighug:...the Look like they've had a Lot of Love.....:watering:

Happy Caturday.....
Thanks Mossy I feel pretty blessed just to grow it's definitely my calling I love doing it happy Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back