Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp got all the driveways cleaned up :woohoo1:we have two plus I also do the elderly lady next door when I left this morning with only had 1-2" come home to 6-8" but now the sun is peeking out :woohoo::pass::headbang:

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Tuesday stoners. Too cold for tacos, today is a hot chicken soup kind of day here.

So for you guys with the reverse osmosis systems - Do you feel they are beneficial enough to warrant the expense?
If your starting tap/source water is over 200PPM it is a must for high quality plants. The other main use is for my humidifier. If you use high PPM water you will get white carbonate powder all over your plants and equipment, a problem for both.

@RosaB I might be too late with this but open this valve for 30 minutes to flush the system before you start using the RO water.

2023-01-31_10-25-38.jpg

I'll be sticking a 55 gallon drum under the condensate runoff for my mini split AC on my office. Free distilled water for my garden. Planning on playing with hydroponics in the garden next year, setting up some kratky stuff for lettuce and what not.
You want to be careful with the condensate from AC or Dehumidifiers as they can have high lead/aluminum PPM leaching.

Is

What I still think is crazy is my well tests 310, but my filtered fridge water is around 340. What the hell?
Now picture me running crazy through the neighborhood with a tds meter :doh:

The small carbon filter on a refigerator is meant mostly to remove chlorine smell and taste. It can remove a tiny fraction of TDS but most just pass through. They need to be replaced fairly often.

For me yes my tap water blows 400ppm and I'm not lugging water jugs everyday
Didn't I just read about a failed DWC experiment 400 PPM water in hydro is death.

Everyone knows I'm not smart like other people. Why would you be mean to me like that?

aww, me was jus messin :pighug: but seriously, ur def not the first to ask me that, and i'm sorry, but it never ceasez to amaze me that any stoner ever has to even ask that ques :doh: ....becuz after they ask & i tell em, they're all like....

3a116884945f870924f1ffd3f36fc015.png
:rofl: ppp

I have no idea what our water's ppm is, but I do know that plants seem to love it. I've considered a RO system, but then I'd have to recalibrate my nutrition scheme to make up for whatever mineral salts get filtered out. I guess that when my yields dip below the breeder's maximums, I'll start worrying. All I do is add vinegar to adjust the pH.
Good water is good water :d5:
If it isn't broken, Don't fix it :pass::bighug:

They've been out of the $0.79 spring water for a long time at my supermarket. All they have is $1.79/gallon Poland Springs water. At either price an RO system would pay for itself in no time just for kitchen use. My tapwater is not bad (<150ppm), but I'm gonna get an RO system soon and stop buying spring water. I looked up the address on google maps where the cheap spring water comes from, and it's next door to a sewage treatment in NJ, along the same creek...
The cheap water in NJ stores usually comes from PA or ME... Got the name of the town/creek?

If it isn't broken, Don't fix it :pass::bighug:

:yeahthat: my point exactly with rainwater....becuz it'z worked pretty damn well for the entire plant kingdom for, oh, about 3.5 billion yearz now, so....:headbang: ppp

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Tuesday stoners. Too cold for tacos, today is a hot chicken soup kind of day here.

If your starting tap/source water is over 200PPM it is a must for high quality plants. The other main use is for my humidifier. If you use high PPM water you will get white carbonate powder all over your plants and equipment, a problem for both.

@RosaB I might be too late with this but open this valve for 30 minutes to flush the system before you start using the RO water.

View attachment 1560959

You want to be careful with the condensate from AC or Dehumidifiers as they can have high lead/aluminum PPM leaching.

The small carbon filter on a refigerator is meant mostly to remove chlorine smell and taste. It can remove a tiny fraction of TDS but most just pass through. They need to be replaced fairly often.

Didn't I just read about a failed DWC experiment 400 PPM water in hydro is death.
You may have but it wasn't me though... I always cut my tap water with RO <150ppm(now RO only)... Plus I have not even thought about trying a DWC maybe a rock wool grow but I have a hard enough time with coco :doh: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Welp got all the driveways cleaned up :woohoo1:we have two plus I also do the elderly lady next door when I left this morning with only had 1-2" come home to 6-8" but now the sun is peeking out :woohoo::pass::headbang:
I think it's amazing that you take care of your neighbors, and especially saving enough energy to do the elderly lady next door. :love:

aww, me was jus messin :pighug: but seriously, ur def not the first to ask me that, and i'm sorry, but it never ceasez to amaze me that any stoner ever has to even ask that ques :doh: ....becuz after they ask & i tell em, they're all like....

View attachment 1560966 :rofl: ppp
Might be a regional thing. Around here it's always been puff puff give :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back