Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for you guys with the reverse osmosis systems - Do you feel they are beneficial enough to warrant the expense?
They've been out of the $0.79 spring water for a long time at my supermarket. All they have is $1.79/gallon Poland Springs water. At either price an RO system would pay for itself in no time just for kitchen use. My tapwater is not bad (<150ppm), but I'm gonna get an RO system soon and stop buying spring water. I looked up the address on google maps where the cheap spring water comes from, and it's next door to a sewage treatment in NJ, along the same creek...

I will have to let you know, but I think maybe hard water hurt my Cheese this last time. Today is my last one on bottled water, I'm betting not too much money that it will make a difference :thumbsup:

Cool. I usually use an RV water filter for filling up my watering cans. Although this summer I'll switch back to using my well, my property has a shallow well that I use for my garden and stuff, but I wouldn't drink out of it, it likely has very high nitrates from all the dairy cattle and farm land around here. Not gonna hurt my plants, though. They all seem to love it way more than tap water.

They've been out of the $0.79 spring water for a long time at my supermarket. All they have is $1.79/gallon Poland Springs water. At either price an RO system would pay for itself in no time just for kitchen use. My tapwater is not bad (<150ppm), but I'm gonna get an RO system soon and stop buying spring water. I looked up the address on google maps where the cheap spring water comes from, and it's next door to a sewage treatment in NJ, along the same creek...

1675188367078.png

Right? I can't even buy water at Krogers.
1 gallon left, and at 310 ppm it can only help.
I bet my espresso machine loves it too :headbang:

I collect rainwater too, but this time of year it's not working. I'll re-activate the barrels on May 1, when freeze danger is past in my area.

I'll be sticking a 55 gallon drum under the condensate runoff for my mini split AC on my office. Free distilled water for my garden. Planning on playing with hydroponics in the garden next year, setting up some kratky stuff for lettuce and what not.

I collect rainwater too, but this time of year it's not working. I'll re-activate the barrels on May 1, when freeze danger is past in my area.

ya, my barrelz get cleaned out & sit empty for the winter....i jus fill up about 20x 1 gal jugz after fall harvest/before the freezez & that'z uzually enuff to last for a small winter grow inside....but i didn't even do a winter grow this time, so it'z jus been for the houseplantz & i'll probly have some left over by the time collection startz again in spring :thumbsup: ppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back