Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got pretty good leash manners, which is good since he’s a hundred pounds :face: :pass:
An older woman friend of ours was seriously injured when her yellow lab took off when the leash was looped around her wrist. A neighbour had to take her to the hospital to get stitched up. The dog pretty much launched her into the air and face first onto a paved road. It was at night, had she been too hurt to walk, she would have been found dead there in the morning. Given her age, a fracture was reasonable chance, but she got lucky. Never loop a large dog's lead around your wrist... :cheers:

An older woman friend of ours was seriously injured when her yellow lab took off when the leash was looped around her wrist. A neighbour had to take her to the hospital to get stitched up. The dog pretty much launched her into the air and face first onto a paved road. It was at night, had she been too hurt to walk, she would have been found dead there in the morning. Given her age, a fracture was reasonable chance, but she got lucky. Never loop a large dog's lead around your wrist... :cheers:

good thing i never hafta leash Gracie on walkiez, cuz if she seez a) a squirrel, b) a rabbit, or c) a cat, all betz are off :rofl: :doh: ppp

Don’t know what to do, so I’ll leave it up to you.
Prob is how do we determine who they are. Where do you draw the line?
that is a big problem, shadow players abound. I dont have an answer Rick, all I have is anger. But there does seem to be central key players everytime a new crisis emerges. I feel like we start there. How do you do that when all angencies have been comprimised though. STATE MILITIAS, that is why it was placed in the constitution in the first place, this very scenerio

Hahahaha you really can't patent what already exists in nature.
This from Derek Lowe who has been writing the blog in the pipeline for like 20 plus years. He pulls no punches when it comes to criticing Big Pharma. He has worked in the industry originally in hit to lead optimization forever. He is extremely well respected in the field is an editor for the ACS and advisor board for C&E news. Big Pharma only cares about stuff they can patent AND don't go belly up risking the cost of FDA approval vs failure (like a drug it takes 10 years of studies to prove it's effective).
If they can't patent it, it's useless to them ...
Big business can try to manipulate state laws so that only say medicinal is legal or outlaw home growing or make it legally damn near impossibile but big pharma has no skin in the game they can't profit off it

This is of interest to me as I know an FDA regulatory lawyer. You’re not wrong that that big pharma is interested in patents, but that’s not all. They’re interested in things they can control. Patents were particularly valuable when the difficulty in drugs was in their formulation, but with the advent of biolgics, this isn’t entirely true. Biologics are drugs produced by genetic engineered bacteria, etc. Even after the patent expires, the ability to produce the drug depends on certain trade secrets (which are secrets that aren’t patented so the ability to produce remains a secret). That means that even after the patent expires, the drug can only be produced by the originator. If someone else does come up with it, the likelihood that it can be produced cheaply is very slight.

There’s already a brouhaha over how expensive patent-expired biologics. The generic discount is only about 15%. You can complain, but it costs what it costs because we have high standards for our drugs and we expect them produced and, even more importantly, sold without contamination.

I don’t see all the doom and gloom in big pharma companies investing in canna. They’re hedging their bets and getting enough vertical and horizontal integration so that they don’t get locked out of future markets. Canna is easily grown (relatively?) and would be impossible to strangle. So long as there’s growers like us, there’s hope.

My big concern is with the business model for big farming with companies like Monsanto where they produce seeds that can’t be crossed. It’s already hard enough producing feminized auto seeds. If those a-holes do the same thing to canna they did to corn, then it’s time to panic.

Last edited:
This is of interest to me as I know an FDA regulatory lawyer. You’re not wrong that that big pharma is interested in patents, but that’s not all. They’re interested in things they can control. Patents were particularly valuable when the difficulty in drugs was in their formulation, but with the advent of biolgics, this isn’t entirely true. Biologics are drugs produced by genetic engineered bacteria, etc. Even after the patent expires, the ability to produce the drug depends on certain trade secrets (which are secrets that aren’t patented so the ability to produce remains a secret). That means that even after the patent expires, the drug can only be produced by the originator. If someone else does come up with it, the likelihood that it can be produced cheaply is very slight.

There’s already a brouhaha over how expensive patent-expired biologics. The generic discount is only about 15%. You can complain, but it costs what it costs because we have high standards for our drugs and we expect them produced and, even more importantly, sold without contamination.

I don’t see all the doom and gloom in big pharma companies investing in canna. They’re hedging their bets and getting enough vertical and horizontal integration so that they don’t get locked out of future markets. Canna is easily grown (relatively?) and would be impossible to strangle. So long as there’s growers like us, there’s hope.

My big concern is with the business model for big farming with companies like Monsanto where they produce seeds that can’t be crossed. It’s already hard enough producing feminized auto seeds. If those a-holes do the same thing to canna they did to corn, then it’s time to get panic.
Now I see the evil inherent in the system, Now I see the evil inherent in the system. Help, Help, Im being repressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back