Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight all You fine Monday stoners.

I love that thing! Good coffee was the only thing missing from my day and I’ll never go back :woohoo1::coffee:especially since I’ve started buying the fresh roasted coffee too:pass:although you’re right MoG is big league compared to my amateur coffee skills:rofl:

My love affair with coffee............ :kiss: For many years I could not consume caffeine at all. I had a heart condition (Tachycardia) that was triggered by it. I had the condition corrected with surgery. Yet after many years of not drinking coffee I was afraid to try it. Then one day on the web I read about roasting coffee in a popcorn popper and how good home roasted coffee is. I gave it a whirl - Ground wrong and all that first cup of coffee was incredible. I had no idea coffee could taste like that. I cannot tolerate more than one strong cup of coffee's caffeine so I only get one double shot espresso a day. Espresso has less caffeine than brewed coffee when pressed properly.

If I can only have one double shot - it has to be a good one. Most coffee is best the 3rd - 8th day after roasting. I buy green beans grown all over the world. The luxury of a King and I just take it for granted! I roast them mostly by timing the changing sounds and the smells. I like most roasted to fullcity through fullcity+, rarely Vienna, never darker for me. The most important tool for good coffee extraction is the grinder. Then the Espresso machine needs to be up to the task.

I don't remember who asked but here are some pictures of the pressing:

_DSC4416.JPG
_DSC4417.JPG
_DSC4418.JPG
_DSC4419.JPG

My love affair with coffee............ :kiss: For many years I could not consume caffeine at all. I had a heart condition (Tachycardia) that was triggered by it. I had the condition corrected with surgery. Yet after many years of not drinking coffee I was afraid to try it. Then one day on the web I read about roasting coffee in a popcorn popper and how good home roasted coffee is. I gave it a whirl - Ground wrong and all that first cup of coffee was incredible. I had no idea coffee could taste like that. I cannot tolerate more than one strong cup of coffee's caffeine so I only get one double shot espresso a day. Espresso has less caffeine than brewed coffee when pressed properly.

If I can only have one double shot - it has to be a good one. Most coffee is best the 3rd - 8th day after roasting. I buy green beans grown all over the world. The luxury of a King and I just take it for granted! I roast them mostly by timing the changing sounds and the smells. I like most roasted to fullcity through fullcity+, rarely Vienna, never darker for me. The most important tool for good coffee extraction is the grinder. Then the Espresso machine needs to be up to the task.

View attachment 1420134View attachment 1420135View attachment 1420136View attachment 1420144
Lol I got all excited thinking you were about to post pics of your coffee process :rofl:

View attachment 1420134View attachment 1420135View attachment 1420136View attachment 1420144
I was shocked when I started looking at burr grinders….couldn’t believe some of the prices. I decided to buy pre ground until I can bring myself to pull the trigger on one. You can certainly tell the difference from the first to the last cup…but it will have to do for now.

I was shocked when I started looking at burr grinders….couldn’t believe some of the prices. I decided to buy pre ground until I can bring myself to pull the trigger on one. You can certainly tell the difference from the first to the last cup…but it will have to do for now.
The Barrattza Vario is the one I have. It is $100 dollars more now than when bought mine at $600. Yes they are worth the money!

20220214_162450.jpg

She's gonna be huge lmao. Barely just starting to stretch and she's already 2x2x2, and that's with me bending her in acute angles multiple times over on all her branches.

Well this has been a damn excursion! Went to order them cookies earlier and showed sold out! Then checked a lil later and had 1 of the 2 flavors I wanted! Waited and checked back and had every flavor EXCEPT THAT FIRST FLAVOR CUZ IT WAS NOW SOLD OUT!!!! :rofl:

Finally drove up there after trying to call twice and they were back to having 1 flavor I needed but not the 1 I wanted for myself and the person was too stupid for me to place an order and come back later when they were ready! :cuss:

Finally came back home and on a whim I checked and they had only the 2 flavors I wanted so ordered em but won’t be ready til after 7:00pm so getting baked before I road trip again! :smokeit::cooldance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back