Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the dollar, there you will find the truth! Ama$on stands to make billions on the sale of growing related products. Just another emerging market for them to corner and profit from. These companies write their own drug policies, can enforce, or not enforce them. It has nothing to do with opening up "employment opportunities". Those type of jobs draw a blue collar demographic( race has absolutely nothing to do with it) which is more inclined to partake in weed. Even if you look at it from an insurance company perspective, these companies are large enough to tell them to F off and there will be a line of other providers to gladly take their money.

Support your local grow stores or order from independents online!!!
If you don't support the local stores too if you need something if they are no longer open because nobody uses them because it's cheaper online you won't be able to get it and will have to wait for shipping. Also if other stores all go outta biz they can then charge what they want. Although I don't think grow store will go out of biz as they are a place of knowledge and advice. Plus I think some value privacy in buying grow equipment and local stores do price match.

Here is another related article about Senator Mace. Having lived in Charleston, SC recently, SC politicians can be pretty funny Nothing says SC like drinking rose' out of a can! Not to mention texting another senator a bat shit crazy emoji!!! F'n hilarious!

Follow the dollar, there you will find the truth! Ama$on stands to make billions on the sale of growing related products. Just another emerging market for them to corner and profit from. These companies write their own drug policies, can enforce, or not enforce them. It has nothing to do with opening up "employment opportunities". Those type of jobs draw a blue collar demographic( race has absolutely nothing to do with it) which is more inclined to partake in weed. Even if you look at it from an insurance company perspective, these companies are large enough to tell them to F off and there will be a line of other providers to gladly take their money.

Support your local grow stores or order from independents online!!!

It's great that big corporations like Amazon are lobbying to end Federal prohibition, whatever their motivation. It's ridiculous that weed is still classified as a Schedule 1 substance. Their reasoning that Fed legalization will allow them to hire more minorities only makes sense if they require employees to pass a THC test.

My friend (RIP) applied for a job at BJ's Warehouse a few years ago. He told them up front that his pee test would have high THC levels. They said that wouldn't matter as long as it wasn't opiates. He got the job.

Personally I've been boycotting Amazon for years, but if they help end prohibition that's great.

SC is super conservative too

Not as much as you would think. Especially in Charleston. Most people a very individual rights. Like most places in the US, it's mainly the older church folks who oppose and they are the main political donors. It's sort of like twitter (which I've never had an account), a small group of people can make a lot of noise and control the narrative on certain issues even when the majority of people feel very differently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back