Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That would make for some nice soil improvement in the veggie patch! I have a friend with horses, so if I ever manage to get a veggie patch going in the yard, her poop pile will be one of the first stops. :biggrin:
Love that horse poop! I got my first dump truck from a friend......an old single axle Chevy with a 396 big block. Spent no more than $500 to get it well roadworthy and sold it for $1000 more than invested. Worked the hell outta it, but it was just too small and faily slow full loaded.....maybe a bit overloaded. :biggrin:

I was coming back from an inspection and passed by an equipment auction house with several dumps. I got an old Oklahoma DOT Ford twin axle with a regular OTR 7.3 6cyl tubo diesel and an Allison auto transmission. with 60K miles Changed all the fluids and filters and cleaned up the rat nest wiring and put her to work. Great truck and would go 60mph easy fully loaded and not pushing an old truck.
Only bad thing was that my tractor and loader were too small to load easily.....barely making it at full extension.......not super safe,.Well, I was expanding my farming, so a new bigger tractor and loader was in order............and a bigger trailer.
LOVED that tractor! 68pto HP, 4wd, BIG bucket and hydrostatic shuttle shift trans........very productive tractor. Only bad thing was buying all the implements to go with it. I built a lot of things with that combo.,,,,,,Big long compost piles, building and home pads, bunch of roads, cleaning and clearing the creek running thru the farm.
With that combo and all the equipment, made the expansion possible and by far more productive. I actually worked less hours and got at least 4 times work done and spend more time with my boy.

I’m a welder/ fabricator.. not sure about @Jean-O I just have same setup in the other side of our shop
I'm a journeyman machine builder/ CNC programmer, journeyman tool n die maker. Got to love working in a machine shop!

I'm a journeyman machine builder/ CNC programmer, journeyman tool n die maker. Got to love working in a machine shop!

In also a welder, the same with my GF, she’s the best I’ve seen. She can build anything.
I assist her when we build, and she assist me when we grow. Perfect match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back