Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory, PH Perfect nutes from Advanced Nutrients are buffered to the PH required by the intended medium. As long as your water is within tolerances, no pH adjustment is needed. Did I mention that this is nice theory? In my solo coco grow I used the PH Perfect Connoisseur Coco line thinking that doing so would avoid having to pH my nute mix. No such luck, at least not at the EC's I use for autoflowers. I don't know whether the pH would be good if full strength was mixed up, but at ~900 or so EC, it was still considerably too high - as I recall still well above 6. I always had to use pH down to get it to 5.8-6.0. If I continue with coco grows, it will likely be with Jack's dry nutes or 2 part MC, not AN. If the pH buffering does not work for me, the AN line is seriously overpriced IMO. The price would be bad enough if the pH buffering worked, but it is stupid expensive if pH adjustment is still needed. Just my 2 cents of course, others here seem to be happy with AN. :pighug:
Jacks has been mixing up to a 5.8 PH and it holds great so far in my rez’s
EDIT: The above was a @Frank the Dank quote, don't know if it tagged him correctly...

Hey Frank - I'm using Jacks 3-2-1 program. I haven't used it before so I didn't want to post or suggest too much as I was unsure how it worked/functioned. They have a great cannabis/hemp section on their website but nothing about autoflowers. I've been running at 80% strength and it works great in coco but the soil plants seem to prefer 50% strength and lots of extra water days.

Really interesting company as they offer a R/O nute line and a tap water version. They will even do water testing for you and recommend based on that. (for a $$)

They claim that you can just mix their A/B products and the chelation and secret magic makes the nutrients available to the plant no matter the pH of the mix. Works best with 0ppm distilled or RO water. I tried it on my first and third runs when I still really had no idea what I was doing. Worked but didn't. I was using untested tap water, no clue about pH or PPM.

Initial mix currently 1.2ml A/B into 700ml of distilled water is 600ppm and 5.5 pH, 8 hours later its 530ppm and 6.1pH

I recently gave the remains another try in a coco solo. It's gone well! I found that with distilled water it took about 8-10 hours for the mix to settle with steady EC/pH values. Yes, it holds pH "perfect" for coco even though they are the soil specific line. So I can't say if my initial runs in soil were "bad" because of that or not. I was not a fan but now, I can mix/sit/add and it's gone well. Still tested a ton but it was an interesting revelation that their pH perfect works, you just have to be patient.

In tap water the "pH perfect" did not kick in until I was using 3/4/5ml per Litre strength. Which was way too hot for autos let alone seedlings. So it was a lot of 1.5ml A/B try to adjust pH, come back later andit's all over the place, adjust the other way, etc etc.

I've been through about 4 different nutrient lines so far just mucking about and seeing how things work. So far I am really a big fan of the Jacks 3-2-1. Very easy to mix, pH stable, and the results have been astounding. I make a couple little adjustments but being a new run I didn't want to post it and have someone bunge up their grow.
I’m having success running full strength jacks starting week 2. Just alternate feed and water according to how the plant responds.
That’s in peat moss and rock wool.
Just took the DWC rez to 80% jacks and the way she took to it. I might go full strength next change.
was having cal and mag problems at >80%.
4AD814C1-09E1-4AB7-83DE-3A7D4A230524.jpeg

Failure usually resulted from grower error but not always
It took my awhile but once I admitted/realized this my grows have gotten way better. Your post are always so interesting, informative and hilarious gotta find the little pieces of info in them makes you actually read. I’ll help where ever I can

“just grow some plants” harsh but best advice there is.

Think of it like this: years of sex education replaced by a 5 minute lay :crying: There is just no better teacher than doing it!
best giggle of the evening, but can't rep you again, yet. :pighug: :biggrin:

Snowing out most of the day here; around 5-6 inches. I’m done with it, ready for warmer weather.
Me too. For maybe the first time ever, I am done early with the snow and ice, and I ski and snowshoe lots. I found myself jealous of @Mossy's outdoor plants. It will be a long time yet before I will be growing anything outdoors. I think I'll go dig up some nice pics of green stuff... :pighug:

Think of it like this: years of sex education replaced by a 5 minute lay :crying: There is just no better teacher than doing it!
Hell, my catholic school sex ed was "don't have sex, here watch an abortion video" so to say I was thoroughly unprepared for the real world would be an understatement :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back