Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning kittens....48f and the coffee is good.....wife up and enjoying hers since she had to forgo it yesterday...surgery seems to have gone well, we'll see...as long as the infections stop so she can start trying to build up the leg muscles..even then it'll be a year before she can maybe start trying her artificial one....hoping it'll even improve her mood a bit....
Still gotta get off my a$$ and get grow area ready, too much to do for one old man...still gotta trim the sativas and waiting on the SSSC testers to come in. Put the BS out on monday and everyone already out and wanting more...seem to love the purple color and wonder why they can't get it at the dispo.
Back porch slowly progressing, got 2 ramp posts I have to move 4 inches out farther (my screw up by not measuring more than once), I'll get it done sooner or later. That's about all the news my feeble old mind can come up with right now....
Good luck and best vibes to you and your wife Bob, I hope her recovery goes well. :pighug:

Exercise and that should be a reason for me to get a dog
I can vouch for how a pup gets you off the couch once in a while. Ours gets a walk of 1-2 hours every day, which means that so do I most days, which is a good thing. Were it not for her encouragement every morning, there is no way that I would be out as often. :biggrin:

Ah yes, but magic varies according to tone. With just the right intonation, the effect is quite the opposite. Not that I would ever... :biggrin:
Ok, nuff kidding about the dearest and I. We actually get along super well, and both work at caring for one another. Been at it since 1996, and still our own best friends. Lest I leave a different impression with the joking around. :biggrin:

@Mossy , Hopefully you didn't get the beans from Roger Daltrey!

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.58.42 AM.png

I think everyone forgets how good of a drummer Karen Carpenter was. Plus, consider how rare it was for women to do a "mans job" back then. Lady slayed. She could have held it against most modern heavy metal drummers for sure. Loads of old footage of her just absolutely killing it. I think their easy sound betrayed the technical abilities.

Just the solo: Apparently she is only 18 in this one. Frickin hell....

The whole bit:

Sorry, and with all due respect, but Karen couldn't come close to most drummers then or now days. However, for the time frame it was recorded and the fact there weren't many women drummers, it is impressive. That version of "Dancin" is great though. I have weird things with 60's kitchy catchy pop songs...

While she did have some good jazz chops, they were very straight forward and not too complicated. Just looked kinda flashy. My main instrument is guitar, but I've played drums for over 30 years as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back