Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post I am new here, I was looking for help with hopefully breeding with auto seeds. Looking for a forum where I can find some help answering my questions
Welcome @AverageBowler you will find the best answers here! Many in this site doing small and large scale auto breeding... Even some that have their own seed companys

Hey guys, been growing regular and femenized seeds for years, last year I bought some auto flower seeds, and when one of my reg's turned male I pollinated the auto and gott a good amount of seeds.

I want to back cross these seeds and try to get my own line of autoflowers going.

It's to my understanding that of these seeds I pop, some will be fem, some male, and some auto. I will then take the male's pollen and pollinate the auto plant to create my first back cross. It's then repeating this process a few more times until the majority of these seeds are autos, between 5 to 9 times.

This is my understanding of crossing and breeding autos, what information do I have wrong and what do I need to do to start creating my own autoflower strain!! TIA

Hey guys, been growing regular and femenized seeds for years, last year I bought some auto flower seeds, and when one of my reg's turned male I pollinated the auto and gott a good amount of seeds.

I want to back cross these seeds and try to get my own line of autoflowers going.

It's to my understanding that of these seeds I pop, some will be fem, some male, and some auto. I will then take the male's pollen and pollinate the auto plant to create my first back cross. It's then repeating this process a few more times until the majority of these seeds are autos, between 5 to 9 times.

This is my understanding of crossing and breeding autos, what information do I have wrong and what do I need to do to start creating my own autoflower strain!! TIA
@AverageBowler Check this section out maybe post a your question there also for a different audience:d5: .

Yes for sure. I squishes all my smoke

Question for ya Bill and any other pressors out there. Mrs.ddpb has been using my second press pucks for edibles and they are fantastic. She asked me to ask you guys a question. she uses her ardent nova to decarb and then infuses the second press pucks with coconut oil. She wants to know if it is worth it for her to infuse those puck a second time? we know it won't be as strong but am curious if anything is left in them after the first infusion? This is all new to me she has done most her own research. i have shared some of your guys recipes with her. :shrug::thanks::pass:
I toss the pucks after infusing since I don't really think there's enough left in there to be worth the time. It would have to be a pretty poor infusion if there was much left and I've heard those novas are pretty good :pass:

Good Morfnoevight All! Well my wonderful tuna salad sandwich made me sick. It turns out the BBQ potato chips have Torula Yeast and my allergy is getting worse. It sure is tough getting old.

Question for ya Bill and any other pressors out there. Mrs.ddpb has been using my second press pucks for edibles and they are fantastic. She asked me to ask you guys a question. she uses her ardent nova to decarb and then infuses the second press pucks with coconut oil. She wants to know if it is worth it for her to infuse those puck a second time? we know it won't be as strong but am curious if anything is left in them after the first infusion? This is all new to me she has done most her own research. i have shared some of your guys recipes with her. :shrug::thanks::pass:
Put them in some alcohol. It would give you an idea of what you are dealing with

I toss the pucks after infusing since I don't really think there's enough left in there to be worth the time. It would have to be a pretty poor infusion if there was much left and I've heard those novas are pretty good :pass:
:yeahthat: that's exactly what we thought but was just double checking we weren't throwing away something useful. Yes the nova she loves it and the gummies have kick i know that:rofl: :pass::d5:

Thanks @Cave Dirt Cody good idea

Good Morfnoevight All! Well my wonderful tuna salad sandwich made me sick. It turns out the BBQ potato chips have Torula Yeast and my allergy is getting worse. It sure is tough getting old.
Man…nothing worse than a sandwich that gives you a hangover.. Feel better my friend :pass:

I doubt if it would be worthwhile. She's mainly getting the rosin left in the screen bag. My first puck recovery was mainly from hash pucks, not flower, but still had a few flower. I just threw the pucks in the FX, decarbed and then just infused. The results were very golden, slightly dark MCT oil.
Since you mainly have flower, maybe before or after decarb, you break up and separate the pucks from the bags. Then infuse. I guess the product may be stronger, but I think darker.

I'm all about fully utilizing my canna, but I think further recovery is not really worth the trouble with the resulting quality of product.

My Vet friend told me that the MCT oil I gave him is "A real game changer". It gives him the ability to "Keep up with the boy, without the spasms and pain"/ I have enough to keep him good for a couple of months. I guess I need to get a t-check to first see this oil's content and to check future infusions. They will be made from squishing hash and decarbing the rosin in the decarb capsule and the mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back