LIght burn and phospherus deficiency? Purple and dying leaves late flowering

Reaction score
Strain: Royal Queen Seeds - White Widow Auto
Lighting: veged outdoors and then moved indoors to 18/6 under a Mars TS600 in a 2x4 tent
Medium: Canna coco coir
Week: ~11
Nutrients: Canna Coco A+B, Calmag, Canna PK13/14 @ EC 1.2 and PH 5.6-6.0
Climate: Steady 50% humidity lights on, slightly higher lights off. Temps are 23C day and around 18C night

So this plant was almost thrown out after nearly dying due to neglect in week 3, moved her outside and intended to finish her there (no LST) but needed to move her indoors. She was sharing with another RQS WWA which I harvested 3 weeks ago under the same conditions and she showed no late deficiencies of note, she was bigger than this one too.

It looks like a Phospherus deficiency? As well as some light burn because she's too tall for the light height, did not plan on bringing her indoors. When some of the lower leaves were purpling I added a small amount of PK13/14 to the feed, I then crept it up slightly but the deficiency has spread. I don't want to blast with PK13/14 and risk doing more damage but i'm unsure what to do.

The main cola is only 2-3% amber trichomes and the lower ones are still only 70% milky and she seems to have really slowed down trichome ripening as a result of the big deficiency.

The plant next to her is exactly the same strain but LSTd and small, and is coming along fast (bar some minor nute burn tips) under another TS600 in the same tent. Until the deficiency showed on the tall one, they were both receiving the exact same nutrient mix and both doing well.

Many thanks for any help you can give. You guys saved me from bud rot on the WWA I harvested 3 weeks ago and once cured i'll be reporting on it!

Pictures attached of the sick plant and one of the healthy one

Attachments

• 13EA1FB2-7219-44DF-9CC3-5B4150C570BC.jpeg
    13EA1FB2-7219-44DF-9CC3-5B4150C570BC.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 114
  • D724D046-731B-4BB2-B14A-2BB17DD837B9.jpeg
    D724D046-731B-4BB2-B14A-2BB17DD837B9.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 47107A8B-CAD7-4335-9C4E-018DCDB858A2.jpeg
    47107A8B-CAD7-4335-9C4E-018DCDB858A2.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 112
Pictures attached of the sick plant and one of the healthy one
i think she could have some sort of lockout but if she's not far off finishing i wouldn't really worry as you said if you have all cloudy and any ambers shes in the right place also as shes in coco catch some of her runoff and check her ec see what levels shes at

Looks like she is finishing up to me. Fall colors and all.

Really? There are only any amber trichomes on the top of the main cola, and very very few at that. The vast majority of the plant is 70% cloudy at most with no amber.
Do some plants just sometimes finish without full trich ripening?

I will also test run off on next feed then Maybe I will give it another day or two and see if there is any more trichome colour change. To be honest I could really do with having her chopped soon. I have two overgrowing my veg tent waiting to take the spot!

Thank you for your input!

I would not expect to see this with the Canna brand nutrients but I think that may be an unusual display of a calcium deficiency combined with fall color? You are running fairly cool so the fall colors will be more intense. The crackled yellow looking veins is what looks like the calcium problem. This is a picture from our quick and dirty thread.

1599262876361.png

i think she could have some sort of lockout but if she's not far off finishing i wouldn't really worry as you said if you have all cloudy and any ambers shes in the right place also as shes in coco catch some of her runoff and check her ec see what levels shes at
What is the best way to read run off ec? Just catch a sample on the way out of bottom in a sample cup and test?
Thank you EP3

@EP3 yes that is how I have done it and don’t believe there’s more to it than that.

PS - fellow Honda EP3 type r owner?

@EP3 yes that is how I have done it and don’t believe there’s more to it than that.

PS - fellow Honda EP3 type r owner?
Simple as that then. Lol. Thanks.
Yes, fellow EP3 owner. love the high revving engine. Love my Honda. Would never sell it.

You may also want to check ph on that runoff while you have a sample.
Just don't go crazy with the next feed ph if your ph is not what you expect.
That would only stress the plant needlessly.
I've also noticed this purple leaf behavior in my outdoor plants as nights are now in single digits.
God bless Canabrrrrrr:snow1:

Reactions: EP3
Back