Hey Pete, I'd like to tag along for the ride.
Quick question for you, or anyone else: You say you will be removing solo cups once a day. I have been poking a few holes in mine, for oxygen. Do you think there a difference in each method, positive or negative?
To be honest I haven't tried the hole poking but seen it around a few times. I remove the done for a second or two each day to get some fresh air because I have had green mold form from too much humidity and no air

That's a dream for me to have so much light I'm seriously considering putting my 250w hps in the centre of my two marshydro 300 as I here alot of people saying led's are great but still a better return from hps so I think I'll do the best of both worlds only problem for me is heat issues in my cupboard wich isv120+100+200 so I might just buy another carbon filter kit to help draw out heat what you think Pete would love ure advice bro
Is that 250hps air cooled? I'm also about to buy an HPS now that I know what I'm doing and do a comparison myself. I know my Mars has never yielded what my HPS did. Now my amare panels, those have given me plants the same weight as I was getting from hps.
But for cooling I actually had to shut down my tents this summer and ended up building a panda film room around my window AC unit so the unit is right in the room lol constantly working haha, but before I help I have to know a couple things, right now where do you vent the scrubbed air from your tent to, what season and temperature is it outside and what's the ambient room temps in the room your cabinet is in?

@Bailey I dunno if you ever seen my very first grow with Thc bomb but that was with HPS and fox farm trio. I yielded a pound dry.... Then I found tangs schedule and a lot of people using it and decided to try it out and get me one them fancy blurple Mars lights, and also bought a 4x4 tent because the light was supposed to fit it perfectly.... Well the light doesn't cover the whole space as effectively as id like following the manufacturers suggested canopy to light distances. I grew alien vs triangle for the comparative grow with my new nutrients, light and tent.... Got 12-13 oz dry from for plants and it was amazing quality, I nailed it, so I've just continued using these things because I get the quality I want. BUT I've yet to get the huge horse D*** heavy weight plants I did with my very first grow using HPS. Every plant out of the four averaged 100+ grams. Used a 600w hps in a 2x4 lol. Now those cheese xxl hit that weight using half the watts ( 2x solar spec 150s) and I do believe if I removed the tower fan, hung fans on the poles and ran a small fan on the ground to stir up air below the canopy, put for THC bomb autos in there that I could probably nail it again with 300w instead of 600. I have a ton of beans to run through before I run THC bomb again but I will be putting four of something in the tent here soon to see what's what now that I know what I'm doing....
Also update.... No life yet lol all domes were removed for a couple seconds this morning

thanks for this elaboration pete lol you answered on my question witch was in my head..about the led vs hps in a 4x4 tent.. :D cool and thanks

:thanks:
In my experience so far and in my opinion, which may be correct or incorrect, and she's not come from a huge scientific standpoint, but until you get to a place where you want to be and getting a high quality LED/COB unit won't put a bothersome dent in your pocket there really is some nice ones out there that have really great spectrums them. They just come with a great cost lol

Is that 250hps air cooled? I'm also about to buy an HPS now that I know what I'm doing and do a comparison myself. I know my Mars has never yielded what my HPS did. Now my amare panels, those have given me plants the same weight as I was getting from hps.
But for cooling I actually had to shut down my tents this summer and ended up building a panda film room around my window AC unit so the unit is right in the room lol constantly working haha, but before I help I have to know a couple things, right now where do you vent the scrubbed air from your tent to, what season and temperature is it outside and what's the ambient room temps in the room your cabinet is in?
Ok so ambient temperature is always a nice 25 degree in my groom and I scrub my hot air straight under the house so outside and the temps outside range from 18-23 degrees at the moment and no my hps isn't air-cooled

Ok so ambient temperature is always a nice 25 degree in my groom and I scrub my hot air straight under the house so outside and the temps outside range from 18-23 degrees at the moment and no my hps isn't air-cooled
Can you D-M me pictures of your room, cabinet, set up and stuff so I can get a better idea of what's best, ID think allowing the outside air into the room your cabinet is in and using passive intake would be the cheapest best option. We get a little more ease setting things up as auto growers because desired rooms and light leaks are not a big deal for us lol so I've found passive intake to be best for small areas, but I'm having to learn new ways as I expand operations..... One big room is easier to chill than two or three small ones I can admit lol

Can you D-M me pictures of your room, cabinet, set up and stuff so I can get a better idea of what's best, ID think allowing the outside air into the room your cabinet is in and using passive intake would be the cheapest best option. We get a little more ease setting things up as auto growers because desired rooms and light leaks are not a big deal for us lol so I've found passive intake to be best for small areas, but I'm having to learn new ways as I expand operations..... One big room is easier to chill than two or three small ones I can admit lol
I'll post pics tonight bro when I get in from work

I'll post pics tonight bro when I get in from work
Kk no rush I'm heading to bed, I'll catch you in about 7-8 hours. Your usually on when I'm waking up and getting kid off to school, doing my normal morning smoke, coffee and AFN rounds lol hopefully tomorrow morning I can post about some baby fry!!! Dropped two other strains at the same time and none have popped yet so I'm on track with the fry as of now I'd say! Lol

Ok so here's what has went down so far...I filled (2) five gallon pots and (1) three gallon pot with sunshine advanced [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] aggregate plus. I then dumped those into a huge box. I then filled those same pots with mother earth [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] perlite and put that in the box. Last but not least I refilled each one again with botanicare Cocogro and the it in the large box. This gave me equal 1/3 part of each mix. I like my soil airy with good water retention but also drainage. This is an awesome mix.... Sunshine can be replaced with promix Bx or HP. I recommend Bx if following my mix.
I mixed everything up really really well and got all the chunks I could then potted up.
For germination I'll be using my normal basic technique.... Give the center of each pot 2-2.5 oz of water. Plant the seed one pinky knuckle deep. Cover with loose dry medium from around the edges than lightly Missy a few times to make sure everything is wet in a small circle in the middle. No bigger around than a pop can. I buy the 5.5oz mini solo cups and use those as humidity domes. I also mist spray inside those 2-3 times before placing on the soil to help keep humidity up. Once a day I remove the domes and let fresh air in. I use un'ph'd RO water
I do this same way works like a charm I tried the paper towel to much handling for my nerves I love my hps and went with it because I still am not comfortable with led which I'd love to have to get the ones that work good out of my price bracket and like you I do t know if that kind of investment will pay off for me so I decided to flower with hps and veg with led I'm in process of moving new home new set up in a 4x4 custom made box itself 6 ft tall I will only be vegging how many Mars 300 old their panels do I need I was thinking two smaller ones instead of one big one? I'm always meaning to get clear cups for humidity domes somehow they are always blue or red they bring in I broke down and took all my cd covers off they work great and can reuse many times then put up.

Back