week 3 flower
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG

FB NL auto
week 6
still vegging, will change lights to 12/12 to try and force flowering
IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

Looking at roots, should I be worried about the roots.
Is this root rot?
IMG_0411.JPG

Going to increase cal-mag to 20ml/3 G, still seeing leaf issues which look like C deficiency.
Gonna build a floating scrog net for the NL to spread her out.

@Suba :welcome: Welcome to AFN :welcome:

I think your plant looks shorter than it is because the stem starts well below the bottom of the net pot. You can avoid this by keeping the water level in the reservoir 1/2 inch below the bottom of the net pot.

It seems you have learned some things that are right and some things not! I have been at it a while and would suggest you choose one style at a time. It is just so much to learn. Regardless of the style you need to learn about "nutrient balance".

I wrote this to help new growers understand what it means to fertilize with salts.

You will be growing Monsters in no time because we will all pitch in to make you a better farmer.

:toke:

@Suba :welcome: Welcome to AFN :welcome:

I think your plant looks shorter than it is because the stem starts well below the bottom of the net pot. You can avoid this by keeping the water level in the reservoir 1/2 inch below the bottom of the net pot.

It seems you have learned some things that are right and some things not! I have been at it a while and would suggest you choose one style at a time. It is just so much to learn. Regardless of the style you need to learn about "nutrient balance".

I wrote this to help new growers understand what it means to fertilize with salts.

You will be growing Monsters in no time because we will all pitch in to make you a better farmer.

:toke:

I think i get what you are saying, If I'm on the wrong track lmk. I don't know what I'm doing and learning from youtube vids and grow journals and such.
My nutes may be too high causing cal lockout which makes it look like I'm having cal defeciency, so I should try lowering nutes witthout adding any cal-mag correct.
My tap water ppm starts at 35 ppm, I've been using the Lucas formula for nute schedule based on GH Micro and Bloom. 3 gal of water fills my buckets to just over 1 inch from the bottom of my net cups, the pic I showed of my roots, the greenish mass is in the space under my net cups and before it touches water. The roots are not slimy and green mass is hard to the touch.
So to my water I've been adding 15ml of GH Micro and 30 ml of Bloom to 3 gal of water, I've been adding 15 ml of cal-mag, ph'ed to 5.8 which gives me 746 ppm.
I'm not going to add cal-mag to this rez change.
Here are tent avg for the week.
IMG_0412.PNG

If I'm off the mark on what you are telling me, please push me onto the right path.
Thank you for any all info, much appreciated.

I think i get what you are saying, If I'm on the wrong track lmk. I don't know what I'm doing and learning from youtube vids and grow journals and such.
My nutes may be too high causing cal lockout which makes it look like I'm having cal defeciency, so I should try lowering nutes witthout adding any cal-mag correct.
My tap water ppm starts at 35 ppm, I've been using the Lucas formula for nute schedule based on GH Micro and Bloom. 3 gal of water fills my buckets to just over 1 inch from the bottom of my net cups, the pic I showed of my roots, the greenish mass is in the space under my net cups and before it touches water. The roots are not slimy and green mass is hard to the touch.
So to my water I've been adding 15ml of GH Micro and 30 ml of Bloom to 3 gal of water, I've been adding 15 ml of cal-mag, ph'ed to 5.8 which gives me 746 ppm.
I'm not going to add cal-mag to this rez change.
Here are tent avg for the week.
View attachment 1712360

If I'm off the mark on what you are telling me, please push me onto the right path.
Thank you for any all info, much appreciated.
That is what I was pointing out, your roots below the net pot have turned into stems NOT roots because they remained in the air too long.

This covers the basics of bubbleponics - the method you are using. It shows some basics you may have wrong.

I tried Lucas' formula and failed miserably. So I cannot really help you fix this unless you find a cannabis oriented Fertilizer company, buy and use their entire line (at least the top 6 in the schedule below) and use their schedule. It is never too late in hydroponics to change to a proper balanced reservoir.

Since you already have some GH here is a schedule I have used in the past with good results:

GH recirculate.jpg

Use this at about 65% strength for Autos.

It might not be a good idea to soak those stems under the net pot, I don't know if it would cause what is called crown rot? 3 gallons is not much and it will be harder to keep PH in range and the plant if it gets big can easily drink more than a gallon a day. so you need to stay on top of it.

Back