good luck on your grow my friend!!!

Thanks WW! Got some serious rain right now.
Shouldn't be any damage, though, and will really soak the earth.
Little plants inside doing well, hope to plant out in the next few days, after this rain.

LBH Selection Rnd 2 - Day 8

The selection of two seeds each germinated from LBH Jack Herer Auto, La Gasolina Auto, and Thai Gold Photo.
Though remember, I don't know which of my strains #1, #2 or #3 is which actual strain...

20200328 LBH Selection Rnd 2 (1).jpg

Bottom left, two larger seedlings (closer to the camera) are strain #1.
Right, two smaller seedlings (one barely sprouted) are strain #2.
Top left, two medium seedlings are strain #3.

Example of strain #1 (in the front, the two ones in the back are strain #3), the other one being almost identical:
20200328 LBH Selection Rnd 2 (2).jpg

Third set of true leaves coming out nicely.
Wider leaf shape. Very healthy and vigorous.

Strain #2 (small seedling on the right, the bottom left seedling is strain #1):
20200328 LBH Selection Rnd 2 (3).jpg

Not very healthy, leaf irregularities.
There is another, barely putting out first true leaves, hidden under the larger strain #1 in this photo.

Strain #3:
20200328 LBH Selection Rnd 2 (4).jpg

Third set of true leaves also emerging.
Healthy, not as large / vigorous as strain #1.
The seedling on the left has some irregularities on the leaf, not perfectly healthy.

So I'm getting a very similar situation here for Round 2 that I got with Round 1.
That is, the strain #1 are most vigorous, and taller, with slightly wider leaf morphology. These seeds were large and dark, quite mature.
The strain #2 are having some problems. It may be my seedling mix, with the coco + amendments, but since the others are doing fine, I wonder about these seeds. The seeds are the smallest, though do look fairly mature.
The strain #3 are in the middle. Or rather, are also vigorous just not as tall as the #1. They have slightly narrower leaf morphology. These seeds were also quite large, but not as dark/mature as #1.

Let's just hope that I can keep the #1 pair going through flowering as well this time, and get some females, of course!
Considering that I have two nice strain #3 girls outside already, and should be able to identify them, and see how they flower out.
If the #2 can survive, that would be great, naturally. But given the one surviving outside is flowering at a few inches tall, not expecting much here.

Rain has been heavy last 24 hours, another 75mm = 3" or so.
Nothing particularly heavy for around here however.
And the Round 1 plants outside will not be affected, just missing their sunshine, I'd imagine!
Should help break down the organic amendments I have given them.
And will mean when I plant out these Round 2 seedlings in the next few days, they will not go dry.
Hopefully after plant out it will be a bit cloudy and maybe a few more drops of rain, to ease transplant shock.

That's it for today's update. Tagging @FTF_damien50 for some sativa fandom.
Hope you're all safe and prepared if you're in lock down or isolation.
:love::angel:

Last edited:
:hippy: Hi Shiva's Mistress, the younglings ( what i call lol baby canna plants) are looking great, , interesting how some grow better, just like any plant some are faster than others. I got a few spots on me leaf of one youngling. I guess also when they mature the smell would help idenitify also, lol i made the same mistake once with labelling.

Typical weather here, sunny day and then a brief shower, and mad rush to get the girls undercover :snow3: Thanks, yes staying at home with this one, going to be back for the economy for sure, and getting seeds also. This time around the autos also are in small pots and to be transplanted? Do you use any seasol ( out here to help plants with transplant shock) or something when transplanting?

Thai Gold sounds like she'd be Sativa, and what is LBH? that a breader, i have to try Jack Herer someday, many breeders seem to do that strain. It also was a Nimbin Cup winner.

you need to put them in bigger pots i never let them in small pot plant them direct in big pots for healy autoflowers
sorry for my bad english
Thanks La Buena Hierba :pass: I usually start in final pots, but the watering in large pot wasnt easy, i do hope i can use seasol and not let them be stressed in anyway if possible. Also the pots are forestry tube so roots dont ball and go straight down

LBH Selection Round 2 - Day 10

The little plants, just before they went for a walk into the wilds!
1585548070700.jpeg

Left -- strain #1, looking great!
Top right -- strain #3, looking good!
Bottom right -- strain #2, looking alive!
You can see they are further along and healthier than Round 1. Good!

Got to the site, to find old uncle farmer man at work..... sh!t...
Had to go full day-time ninja mode to get them in the ground.
In the end, decided to stay with the same general area as Round 1.
Had some dry organic amendments I wanted to spread around plant bases.
Didn't, no time, too risky, not good.

Meanwhile, Round 1 -- Day 38
No photos, no time and too risky to mess around with that.

Strain #3 plants, larger is up to about 45cm = 18", smaller is about 35cm = 14".
I think their stretch is almost done, so staying small, glad I didn't top or FIM them.
The recent heavy rain has wilted the new pistils, of course.
They look healthy, but in need of some nice bright sunshine to put on the flowers.
Unfortunately, this week is mainly cloudy, some rain probably.

Hope to leave them for a few weeks, reduce site visits for security.
Today was not good, almost panicked, but luckily didn't. Should be okay.

Wish those Round 2 plants a safe transplant, and hoping for good growth when I next visit!

I panicked a bit today cant get usual soil, due to Corona, might have to resort to the old soil, of my first ever grow back in dec2018/March2019 harvest - i dont like controled release ferts thou. With rain being reliable there for you atm, reducing visits might be good. That would have been stressful with the uncle farmer being there, you did well. Lol i keep stressing waiting for the photos to pop up, i really think germination is the most stressfull wait

I panicked a bit today cant get usual soil, due to Corona, might have to resort to the old soil, of my first ever grow back in dec2018/March2019 harvest - i dont like controled release ferts thou. With rain being reliable there for you atm, reducing visits might be good. That would have been stressful with the uncle farmer being there, you did well. Lol i keep stressing waiting for the photos to pop up, i really think germination is the most stressfull wait

I don't like that kind of soil with added fertilizer either.

My most stressful times are ... waiting for seeds through customs, carrying seedlings through crowded areas on the way to planting out, and carrying a harvest home through the same crowds when it's all finished.

The actual waiting of growing I don't find stressful at all, that's just up to mother nature, not human laws.

Prohibition sucks.

you need to put them in bigger pots i never let them in small pot plant them direct in big pots for healy autoflowers
sorry for my bad english

Hey LBH, sorry I missed your post earlier.
Unfortunately I have to keep them very discrete when they are small, so little pots.
But outside they are in the earth, no pots.
I know the small pots at first restrict them, but I don't have the freedom to grow big.
How to keep very, very discrete and stealthy.

Back