A nice heavy rain (maybe 1/2" to 1") and some cooler weather (down to 12C overnight) for their first days outside.
Better than too hot and roasting them, I guess. Sun should be out again very soon though.
Forecast looks good, some rain, some sun, nice temps.

A nice heavy rain (maybe 1/2" to 1") and some cooler weather (down to 12C overnight) for their first days outside.
Better than too hot and roasting them, I guess. Sun should be out again very soon though.
Forecast looks good, some rain, some sun, nice temps.
Nice weather forecast. I had to look up 12C, 53F. My plants are very happy for the one week when the overnight lows stay in the low 50s :pass:

@Shiva's Mistress

Updated pic they are starting to pop up. Dropped 4 (fusion haze) have three babies. I will be guessing the one in the front is a male. Typically in my experience males pop first and get bigger until flower.

LBH Fusion Haze 392020.jpg

Updated pic they are starting to pop up. Dropped 4 (fusion haze) have three babies. I will be guessing the one in the front is a male. Typically in my experience males pop first and get bigger until flower.

View attachment 1166629

Thanks for the tag there @AJrexxx ! Those three are looking lovely there, popping out those five (and seven?) pointer leaves!
Hope the tall big one doesn't shade out the rest. But like you say, maybe that's a male.
I also usually find the tall skinny ones when they are young are the males.
Not sure about popping first for the males, but definitely less branching.

Day 18

Had some more heavy rain in the last 24 hrs, nearly 2.5" = 65 mm.
Really came down hard. Needed some rain for them, but was worried about the amount.

So... out to check. Thought, if they're okay after this last week,
with a transplant, some very hot days, some heavy rain, then they'll be fine in general.

Half expecting washed out dead plants, half hoping for sturdy outdoor youthful green herb!

Kind of got a bit of both...
The wide leaf #1 plants (Gasolina? Jack?) were looking worse for wear:
20200310 LBH Selection 1.jpg

Yeah, to the left are their roots. I think they must have gotten washed out with that heavy rain.
Or, maybe the local wild dogs came sniffing around the chicken fertilizer and dug at them first.
But, they were still alive, and the rain had kept the roots wet when I found them.
So, scooped a hole for them and re-transplanted.
They're a bit battered, but should survive this.

The narrow leaf #3 plants (Thai? Jack?) were doing much better.
20200310 LBH Selection 3.jpg

Some interesting leaf formation if you look close.
Top plant, third set of true leaves on the left is unusual, like double leaf formation.
Bottom plant went from 1-point, to 3-point, then straight to 7-point leaves!
But both are happy and healthy, and have grown some since transplant out.

As I say, if they can handle this last week, they can handle these outdoor conditions here.
Also, with this soaking, no need to water for a while!

Maybe check again in two weeks, check sex (maybe pull males, maybe not),
and top dress with more high PK organic pellet nutrients.

#tropicalguerillalife @trailanimal @Weed Warrior @hairyman @AJrexxx @La Buena Hierba @SOOTDAWG @RivetGrrl

Day 18

Had some more heavy rain in the last 24 hrs, nearly 2.5" = 65 mm.
Really came down hard. Needed some rain for them, but was worried about the amount.

So... out to check. Thought, if they're okay after this last week,
with a transplant, some very hot days, some heavy rain, then they'll be fine in general.

Half expecting washed out dead plants, half hoping for sturdy outdoor youthful green herb!

Kind of got a bit of both...
The wide leaf #1 plants (Gasolina? Jack?) were looking worse for wear:
View attachment 1166717
Yeah, to the left are their roots. I think they must have gotten washed out with that heavy rain.
Or, maybe the local wild dogs came sniffing around the chicken fertilizer and dug at them first.
But, they were still alive, and the rain had kept the roots wet when I found them.
So, scooped a hole for them and re-transplanted.
They're a bit battered, but should survive this.

The narrow leaf #3 plants (Thai? Jack?) were doing much better.
View attachment 1166722
Some interesting leaf formation if you look close.
Top plant, third set of true leaves on the left is unusual, like double leaf formation.
Bottom plant went from 1-point, to 3-point, then straight to 7-point leaves!
But both are happy and healthy, and have grown some since transplant out.

As I say, if they can handle this last week, they can handle these outdoor conditions here.
Also, with this soaking, no need to water for a while!

Maybe check again in two weeks, check sex (maybe pull males, maybe not),
and top dress with more high PK organic pellet nutrients.

#tropicalguerillalife @trailanimal @Weed Warrior @hairyman @AJrexxx @La Buena Hierba @SOOTDAWG @RivetGrrl
and the new grow rolls along!

Another couple of inches of rain came down.

Time to think about the next round for germination and seedling prep, a month after the first.

Will do the same, 2 seeds of each of three strains, in the small pots.
Or should I do 3 seeds of each??

Will also try to get some organic nutes to the sites very soon, well before plant out.

What's the point in having quality seeds if you can't grow them?
That, my fellow canna-isseurs, is the question.

Throwing these six down, for round 2, a month after round 1.
20200315 LBH Selections II b.jpg

24-48 hrs in the H2O + H2O2.
Then back into the little pots their big brothers and sisters were in.
Give them a week +, and into the great outdoors they'll go.

Big shout out to LBH, the rest of the LBH tester crew, and the AFN mod-squad.

Back