Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated @RivetGrrl :toke::d5::smoking:
I'm no breeder, although I do know a lot of people who are!
These are resources I found to help me understand breeding and genetics on the interweb.
I still need to put time in to getting my head around it but I also wanted to share these resources so others could learn too.

Sorry to hear about your money problems.
I got ripped of buy someone getting my bank detail after a foreign purchase.
I managed to get the money back from the bank, so it is worth pursuing it.
The only money I didn't get back was the oversea transaction charge, which came to about £10 so not too bad.

There is a Breeding book coming out on August the 6th this year and it should be a doozy!

"Cannabis Breeding: Basic to Advanced Marijuana Propagation - by - James Loud" of "Loud Seeds".
Release date - August 6, 2019
Available on Amazon.com and other book sellers - AFN doesn't like Amazon links so just google the book name. Most stockists are accepting preorders.
Price - $32.45

Details
  • ISBN-13: 9781936807451
  • ISBN-10: 1936807459
  • Publisher: Quick American Archives
  • Publish Date: August 2019
  • Page Count: 256
  • Reading Level: Ages 18-100

Introduction:-

For many gardeners interested in growing cannabis, the jargon around seeds and the techniques growers use to acquire and produce them, can be daunting. Many of the major grow manuals The Cannabis Encyclopedia, The Cannabis Grow Bible, and even our own Marijuana Grower’s Handbook) touch on seeds, but focus instead on other areas of growing―namely garden setup, nutrients, lighting and harvesting. Those specifically targeted books that do discuss seed breeding are all quite outdated and have minimal information regarding current seed breeding technology and methodology.

Breeding Cannabis seeks to change that. James Loud (the founder of Loud Seeds) has created a book that is clear enough for a novice but technical enough for the advanced grower or breeder to learn new and/or different concepts regarding breeding and plant genetics. The book creates awareness and introduce the cannabis enthusiast to the science, myths, struggle, and accidental miracles that go into the creation of popular strains. Because there is more than one way to do many of the techniques in the book, the book provides a comprehensive guide to the available options growers and breeders of any skill level, can use to create new plant genetics.

The cannabis seed industry is lacking transparency on so many levels, partly because of prohibition and partly because of greed. Loud exposes the myths and explains the so-called “secret” techniques, in order guide other growers in developing proper models to follow―the use of analytical testing to create transparent selective breeding techniques, the benefits of tissue and culture micropropagation for breeding and long term genetic preservation, and the possible dangers of breeding with reversed plants.

Overview

Let's talk about sex. Not human sex, but the science of the cannabis plant--how it procreates and how you, the grower, can get involved for fun and profit. There's no shortage of books covering how to grow your own, but Cannabis Breeding teaches you how to create your own stable, genetically unique lines of cannabis. Cannabis Breeding isn't just a technical manual, it's a fresh, energetic take on the genetic history and future of cannabis; not just the plant's origins and the story of its global spread, but the history of how cannabis, as we know it, got that way. Cannabis genetics continue to change. Cannabis Breeding takes stock of what growers can do to preserve what's good about the plant, while also chasing what's new. The book covers material other cultivation manuals don't, providing a deep but accessible primer on the theory and practice of cannabis breeding that will inform the novice and educate experienced breeders on the latest advancements in technology and methodology. From the core principles of genetic selection to the bleeding edge of the tech and beyond, everything you need to know is here: - Tissue culture and micropropagation - Analytics-based phenotype hunting - True genetic stabilization and long-term preservation - The shared history of all cannabis "strains" - Autoflower cannabis for seed cultivation Anyone entering the high-stakes world of commercial cannabis quickly discovers the fog of misinformation and secrecy surrounding even the most basic aspects of cannabis breeding. The authors of this book are experienced industry professionals, passionate about dispelling myths and explaining the science behind not-often-discussed techniques.

You are Able to pre-order this book @ Amazon at the links I posted earlier.in this post.
Found the book, starting to look like some old ladies Bible with some bookmarks throughout :crying:
image.jpg
image.jpg

On a side note- I don’t think phone users do not have to turn the camera horizontal anymore for the pics to be right side up, lol.:smoking:

Edit: now I only use this book as a reference along with AFN material reads. As this is more for photo growers. But 90% info does apply. And it’s not “You have to follow this word for word book to grow great bud”.

Found the book, starting to look like some old ladies Bible with some bookmarks throughout :crying:View attachment 1070941View attachment 1070940
On a side note- I don’t think phone users do not have to turn the camera horizontal anymore for the pics to be right side up, lol.:smoking:
Awesome m8! :smoking::d5::thumbsup:
Good luck with your studies and I can't wait to se future crosses and experiments.
You do realise I will be coming to you in the future for breeding tips.
Currently i don't have the space to start a breeding program, by the time I do, you will be an expert and I will will be looking for hints and tips.
Be sure to check out the links I posted in LS when I tagged you and RivetGrrl, there are some great resources there.
The video series on Mandalorian Genetics is a great way to understand how genetic breeding traits work!:headbang:
*Arty* passes to @Wawashell :pass:

@arty zan Now Greg Green did also come out with another book The Cannabis Breeders Bible. Which goes way more in-depth (downloaded it once to my iPad, but broke it so no longer have it).

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated @RivetGrrl :toke::d5::smoking:
I'm no breeder, although I do know a lot of people who are!
These are resources I found to help me understand breeding and genetics on the interweb.
I still need to put time in to getting my head around it but I also wanted to share these resources so others could learn too.

Sorry to hear about your money problems.
I got ripped of buy someone getting my bank detail after a foreign purchase.
I managed to get the money back from the bank, so it is worth pursuing it.
The only money I didn't get back was the oversea transaction charge, which came to about £10 so not too bad.

There is a Breeding book coming out on August the 6th this year and it should be a doozy!

"Cannabis Breeding: Basic to Advanced Marijuana Propagation - by - James Loud" of "Loud Seeds".
Release date - August 6, 2019
Available on Amazon.com and other book sellers - AFN doesn't like Amazon links so just google the book name. Most stockists are accepting preorders.
Price - $32.45

Details
  • ISBN-13: 9781936807451
  • ISBN-10: 1936807459
  • Publisher: Quick American Archives
  • Publish Date: August 2019
  • Page Count: 256
  • Reading Level: Ages 18-100

Introduction:-

For many gardeners interested in growing cannabis, the jargon around seeds and the techniques growers use to acquire and produce them, can be daunting. Many of the major grow manuals The Cannabis Encyclopedia, The Cannabis Grow Bible, and even our own Marijuana Grower’s Handbook) touch on seeds, but focus instead on other areas of growing―namely garden setup, nutrients, lighting and harvesting. Those specifically targeted books that do discuss seed breeding are all quite outdated and have minimal information regarding current seed breeding technology and methodology.

Breeding Cannabis seeks to change that. James Loud (the founder of Loud Seeds) has created a book that is clear enough for a novice but technical enough for the advanced grower or breeder to learn new and/or different concepts regarding breeding and plant genetics. The book creates awareness and introduce the cannabis enthusiast to the science, myths, struggle, and accidental miracles that go into the creation of popular strains. Because there is more than one way to do many of the techniques in the book, the book provides a comprehensive guide to the available options growers and breeders of any skill level, can use to create new plant genetics.

The cannabis seed industry is lacking transparency on so many levels, partly because of prohibition and partly because of greed. Loud exposes the myths and explains the so-called “secret” techniques, in order guide other growers in developing proper models to follow―the use of analytical testing to create transparent selective breeding techniques, the benefits of tissue and culture micropropagation for breeding and long term genetic preservation, and the possible dangers of breeding with reversed plants.

Overview

Let's talk about sex. Not human sex, but the science of the cannabis plant--how it procreates and how you, the grower, can get involved for fun and profit. There's no shortage of books covering how to grow your own, but Cannabis Breeding teaches you how to create your own stable, genetically unique lines of cannabis. Cannabis Breeding isn't just a technical manual, it's a fresh, energetic take on the genetic history and future of cannabis; not just the plant's origins and the story of its global spread, but the history of how cannabis, as we know it, got that way. Cannabis genetics continue to change. Cannabis Breeding takes stock of what growers can do to preserve what's good about the plant, while also chasing what's new. The book covers material other cultivation manuals don't, providing a deep but accessible primer on the theory and practice of cannabis breeding that will inform the novice and educate experienced breeders on the latest advancements in technology and methodology. From the core principles of genetic selection to the bleeding edge of the tech and beyond, everything you need to know is here: - Tissue culture and micropropagation - Analytics-based phenotype hunting - True genetic stabilization and long-term preservation - The shared history of all cannabis "strains" - Autoflower cannabis for seed cultivation Anyone entering the high-stakes world of commercial cannabis quickly discovers the fog of misinformation and secrecy surrounding even the most basic aspects of cannabis breeding. The authors of this book are experienced industry professionals, passionate about dispelling myths and explaining the science behind not-often-discussed techniques.

You are Able to pre-order this book @ Amazon at the links I posted earlier.in this post.

I will definitely be buying that book too! And I will get my funds back, just a shit time for it to happen (is there ever a good time? lol).

@arty zan about a year ago I sprung for the Cannabis Grow Bible (Awesome read but very little anything about Autos). Now this book is mostly about growing photos; setting up, in-depth indoor, and in-depth outdoor. A chapter about pests. And a chapter about breeding. The breeding info in there is really good info but can put me asleep from the first word (literally I read one word and fall asleep). It’s very scientific and eventually got through it after many nights and naps. Now I understand a lot of it, BUT they way ya put it was really easy, thanks:pass:
@RivetGrrl
IG is ok, but I see what ya mean. Have not made a big footprint into the canna side, but all the suggestions go to Celebrities, half naked men and women, models, and others. Would be cool if I went to IG for that, but man they just keep flooding in those suggestions:face:. On a good note, I am only adding AFN peeps, the vendors here (and a few others that are not). I do have another IG page, but left it because of exactly what you stated, D*Head all over the place. I even left FB cause of all the bull crap (only thing I did miss is keeping in contact with all my Mil friends easily, but have other ways of contacting them).

For the most part, I dig IG much more than FB. The fluff and drama going on FB annoys me, so I just leave it idle but have contacts on there I like to keep in touch with. I just bypass the suggestions page and go to my IG feed, but I just checked the home page and the algorithms are "mostly" accurate as I've been on longer. Don't like being tracked, but no way to get away from it, FB is still the worst for that.

Found the book, starting to look like some old ladies Bible with some bookmarks throughout :crying:View attachment 1070941View attachment 1070940

Edit: now I only use this book as a reference along with AFN material reads. As this is more for photo growers. But 90% info does apply. And it’s not “You have to follow this word for word book to grow great bud”.

I have that book too, I can't wait until I can buy the Breeders Bible and see how he expands on the breeding section in that.

Awesome m8! :smoking::d5::thumbsup:
Good luck with your studies and I can't wait to se future crosses and experiments.
You do realise I will be coming to you in the future for breeding tips.
Currently i don't have the space to start a breeding program, by the time I do, you will be an expert and I will will be looking for hints and tips.
Be sure to check out the links I posted in LS when I tagged you and RivetGrrl, there are some great resources there.
The video series on Mandalorian Genetics is a great way to understand how genetic breeding traits work!:headbang:
*Arty* passes to @Wawashell :pass:
It’s all good GrowBro, but I am no expert, and I also go to others for help. Was gonna start my breeding trials this year, but doing grow battles. So as soon as they are done I am gonna start. I have plenty of photos to breed with and Magic’s Breeders pack BLo. So choices choices lol.

It’s all good GrowBro, but I am no expert, and I also go to others for help. Was gonna start my breeding trials this year, but doing grow battles. So as soon as they are done I am gonna start. I have plenty of photos to breed with and Magic’s Breeders pack BLo. So choices choices lol.
Sounds excellent!! I can't wait to see what comes out of it!:smoking:
Good luck in the battles I haven't had the time to follow the battles and find it hard to keep up with the grow journals i'm subbed up too!:nono:
However I have put my name down for the Dinafem solo cup battle, so fingers crossed I get in on that one.:woohoo1:

I will definitely be buying that book too! And I will get my funds back, just a shit time for it to happen (is there ever a good time? lol).

For the most part, I dig IG much more than FB. The fluff and drama going on FB annoys me, so I just leave it idle but have contacts on there I like to keep in touch with. I just bypass the suggestions page and go to my IG feed, but I just checked the home page and the algorithms are "mostly" accurate as I've been on longer. Don't like being tracked, but no way to get away from it, FB is still the worst for that.

I have that book too, I can't wait until I can buy the Breeders Bible and see how he expands on the breeding section in that.
Hey @RivetGrrl I've been waiting for that book for a year and it's nearly here!!
Money always has hang ups but sometimes you just need to grit your teeth and get it even if you can't afford it.
I could kick myself the number of times I have been skint and not spent food money on an item, I have never been able to find again!
This book will be around for a while but books do go out of print.
Some of my canna books that I own are now out of print and are now worth hundreds of pounds because you can't find them anywhere.

IG is annoying, why won't they let you upload from PC???
There are android emulators that let you do this, so why don't they just let people upload from PC?
I use my phone as a phone because I am nearly 50 and don't want to be peering at a tiny screen (I have poor eyesight) hammering away at a tiny keyboard, with sausage sized fingers!

Farcebook don't get me started! XD

Hey @RivetGrrl I've been waiting for that book for a year and it's nearly here!!
Money always has hang ups but sometimes you just need to grit your teeth and get it even if you can't afford it.
I could kick myself the number of times I have been skint and not spent food money on an item, I have never been able to find again!
This book will be around for a while but books do go out of print.
Some of my canna books that I own are now out of print and are now worth hundreds of pounds because you can't find them anywhere.

IG is annoying, why won't they let you upload from PC???
There are android emulators that let you do this, so why don't they just let people upload from PC?
I use my phone as a phone because I am nearly 50 and don't want to be peering at a tiny screen (I have poor eyesight) hammering away at a tiny keyboard, with sausage sized fingers!

Farcebook don't get me started! XD

I just saw the price of that book, still a great price for the knowledge of course, but being that it is out in August, and I have a birthday in August... Lucky coincidence? :smoking:

My mom has IG on the PC, I have not tried it yet but you can access it from there; however, I do not know if she posts pictures on it. I take most pics with my phone so I just post from there. Shame as I don't use my nice camera much; it uploads automatically to my photo program on my MacBook, but I can't use it as it's over a decade old now and is almost non-working. I need to install Lightroom on my PC and get things to work between that and my iPhone. Or something with the Bluetooth on the camera I got working on the Apple stuff but have to redo on the PC. Or something. I can't remember any of it now :rofl: Bloody proprietary crap that doesn't like to work together. OH! My first world problems! :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back