Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the price of that book, still a great price for the knowledge of course, but being that it is out in August, and I have a birthday in August... Lucky coincidence? :smoking:

My mom has IG on the PC, I have not tried it yet but you can access it from there; however, I do not know if she posts pictures on it. I take most pics with my phone so I just post from there. Shame as I don't use my nice camera much; it uploads automatically to my photo program on my MacBook, but I can't use it as it's over a decade old now and is almost non-working. I need to install Lightroom on my PC and get things to work between that and my iPhone. Or something with the Bluetooth on the camera I got working on the Apple stuff but have to redo on the PC. Or something. I can't remember any of it now :rofl: Bloody proprietary crap that doesn't like to work together. OH! My first world problems! :crying:

Sweet you have a birthday in time for the book release!!:smoking::headbang:

First world problems lmao I know that one all too well!!:cheers:
For a long time I couldn't get photos off my phone and onto the pc!:shrug:
I tried to use an android emulator to get stuff on to IG but there were so many hoops to jump through, I just couldn't be bothered.:nono:
Now I can't get connected to The Onion Router, it is one thing after the other.:cuss:
When will things become user friendly, a term which seems to have gone out of fashion, probably because nothing is!:crying:

What I have found, and don't feel I am trivializing anything, is that happiness is elusive.
It's also quite subjective, and very much dependent on context.

If you take a person and lock them into a chest, then put that chest in the center of a large pile of manure, they are probably going to be not terribly happy.

Leave them there for a week.

Let them out of the box and even though they are currently standing in the middle of a pile of shit, they are going to be considerably happier than they were just a moment ago.

Also, I hate when that happens.

Peace :)

Late last night someone got my bank card number and drained everything out of my account.
I would think the bank will put it back if it's not your doing. Still sucks, no matter how cooperative the bank winds up being. Happened to me too - twice already - so I feel your pain.

What a brutal week. It's my turn this week to take after hour customer support calls. Invariably, they are really shit issues that could easily have waited until morning when the support guys could get the call.

And most of them from the same company. It's not too bad when they come in before I go to bed, but the 4am calls that wind up ending with "turn the goddamned thing on. It works better that way" are really annoying.

Ok, rant over!

Peace

:pass::bighug::pass:

It's also quite subjective, and very much dependent on context.

If you take a person and lock them into a chest, then put that chest in the center of a large pile of manure, they are probably going to be not terribly happy.

Leave them there for a week.

Let them out of the box and even though they are currently standing in the middle of a pile of shit, they are going to be considerably happier than they were just a moment ago.

HA quite the analogy for happiness and so true.

Also, I hate when that happens.

Peace :)

I bet once you wash the shit off, you feel pretty good :biggrin:

I would think the bank will put it back if it's not your doing. Still sucks, no matter how cooperative the bank winds up being. Happened to me too - twice already - so I feel your pain.

Yes, I heard from them today, but it will be ten business days. Too late for bills but there you have it. I just gotta enjoy running free through the field of shit :crying: I'm trying to concentrate on other things, and stop letting money rule my world. Cause it's a bitch of a mistress.

I'm trying to concentrate on other things, and stop letting money rule my world. Cause it's a bitch of a mistress.

Worst part is that no matter how far ahead you get, it still remains a daunting thought - that all it takes is for the dollar to collapse, and our trust in it leaves us penniless.

Hope this place holds together long enough for me to die before it collapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back