Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
happy monday LS

Also looks like an inchworm, does it loop up when it moves? Cutworms live in the soil and attack the stalks, nasty for seedlings. Bt won't work on them but they are grub-like and grey/cream in color.
I think youre right! They move by scrunchin up and then inchin along. And ive not seen any yet on the soil at all, just on the leaves at the moment

started with the SN ...
a bit dissapointed
20190722_163502.jpg

20190722_163511.jpg

20190722_164002.jpg

20190722_164007.jpg

I think youre right! They move by scrunchin up and then inchin along. And ive not seen any yet on the soil at all, just on the leaves at the moment

Yup, inchworms, loopers, whatever you call them where you are. I don't want to pinpoint your location, but if you are Southern US could be California Spanworm? SO many kinds of loopers.. See if you can spot a moth visiting your ladies.

Diatomaceous earth won't get those guys, but it will get a lot of other pests so no harm in using it. They lay eggs under your leaves, hatch, eat away as they go through a few instar stages then you get a moth. The moth lays eggs, on and on. They probably have hot moth sex on your plants too :nono:
Not much you can do if you are outdoors for the moths, but a regular application of Bt will kill off what hatches as they eat your plant (problem is they DO have to eat some of your plant, but won't be as bad as untreated), as the moths will keep laying eggs.

I believe it is safe to use right up till harvest on vegetables, but as for a smokable product hmmmmm @Waira what's your take on Bt in flower?

Thank you for the response, and totes in southeast us so you nailed it i think!
Imma go out and grab some bt today to add to the pest prevention!

Thank you for the response, and totes in southeast us so you nailed it i think!
Imma go out and grab some bt today to add to the pest prevention!

That's actually possibly disconcerting, if someone knows close to where you are based on pest pictures :crying:
Unless it is an introduced species, with is likely most anywhere in the world.
Btw the product may have a name not including Bt as the trade name, just look for the Bacillus thuringiensis on the label. May be Safers brand etc. called caterpillar killer etc. I have never used it yet, but I just put one plant outside and I will if I see those little shits eating my plants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back