Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we got a lot of what Ontario got this year, we're close enough. Lots of rain this spring, I keep track in a garden log and looking back this was the rainiest I've ever recorded. Snow wasn't awful this year though.

Hey looks cloudy there, you're fine :crying:

Don't like -40 with windchill? (don't matter C of F lol). Then a Chinook comes through and makes a huge mess.. Generally, the weather here has been pretty mild overall. Just lots of snow last winter and lots of rain this season.
Nope, not thrilled with winter in Canada but Spring, Summer and Fall are winners. Great Beer too!

Canada brews some great beer. My relatives on one side are all in Canada. Wish they'd never come to Michigan to be honest. It's beautiful here but this country is a disaster. This tune's a little wonky but the lyrics are pretty apt.

O
I think we got a lot of what Ontario got this year, we're close enough. Lots of rain this spring, I keep track in a garden log and looking back this was the rainiest I've ever recorded. Snow wasn't awful this year though.
Canada brews some great beer. My relatives on one side are all in Canada. Wish they'd never come to Michigan to be honest. It's beautiful here but this country is a disaster. This tune's a little wonky but the lyrics are pretty apt.

I grew up in Mid-Michigan. My best memories are of hopping over the border to get Brador as a teenager. Don’t get back there much anymore, I would love to retire to Tawas and grow a nice outdoor crop ever year!

I've got a good friend in Tawas, stayed there quite a bit. Still a very quiet little town. Great art fair too.

I wish I could say I love beer, but I'm a wine and mead gal. BC wine from the Okanagan region, but for mead if you get a chance to try Fallen Timber from Alberta, it's to die for. Just south of me but I have yet to go on a tour/taste :cheers:

I wish I could say I love beer, but I'm a wine and mead gal. BC wine from the Okanagan region, but for mead if you get a chance to try Fallen Timber from Alberta, it's to die for. Just south of me but I have yet to go on a tour/taste :cheers:
Mead?

When I can, I make this.

Good stuff!

As for winter, I have learned to love and appreciate it after starting to snowshoe. This frozen lake is one of my favorites to hike, but it is a whole new level to cross it in the winter. The isolation, the silence that is so deep you can hear your heart pound and the blood rush in your ears. Sometimes broken by the roar of an avalanche in the distance. There is nothing like it; it really takes you out of your head and into a mindfulness of your surroundings like nothing else.

IMG_8135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back