Jraven's Alaska Sunroom Grow

Well guys and gals, our fishery opens in a week so needless to say I'm neck deep in preparation for that. Wife and I will be moving aboard soon. The good news is the wifi seems to be working pretty well at the dock where we usually try to tie up at the end of the day if we're lucky and the fish come our way. If they don't, then we'll be out and about and who knows:)... heres some pics from today.

This is my next in line Sour Blues, getting close to harvest. She doesn't look as mature in this pic but she's pretty red.
P_20160623_080158_1_p.jpg

Next is a younger SB at about 50+ days
DSCN1261.JPG

And an Auto Blues about the same age
DSCN1260.JPG

Deep Blue C from the original stunted survivor group
DSCN1266.JPG

I've got a few more pictures but I have to get to work now, will post em when I get back.
Cheers

Attachments

• P_20160623_080158_1_p.jpg
    P_20160623_080158_1_p.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1266.JPG
    DSCN1266.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
:clapper::clapper::clapper: Looking good mate , Now you will have some mighty fine smoke on hand . How long doe's your fishing season run for and what type of fish , I spent a number of years pro fishing , Gave the sea up when the kids came along , to much time away from home , 2 months at a time . I couldn't handle missing the kids growing up .:thumbsup:

Thanks man. We troll for salmon, mostly king and coho. Its always been a family affair, our son was aboard til he was old enough to get off.. We just fish out of our home port and 1-3 day trips. So we get to tend to the plants and raid the garden regularly. We can anchor at home in good weather or tie to the dock which is 10 minutes away. Season lasts til late September. This our 34th year in this fishery.

I worked on a factory trawler once, out of Dutch. Processing yellow fin. Man that was Hell. Foreman on crank, you name it.

Another summer after high school camped at a cannery in Kenai, that was pretty mellow, lots of bowls and fireside chats with the others in the camp.

Always wanted to go back and see more

Yea, there's a lot of ways to fish. I got into this one because I was into the type of boats involved basically. Then there were all these little villages in Alaska based around it. It's what you'd call a lifestyle I guess :pass:
I edited the previous post, one plant was erroneously labeled as 20 days is actually 50+..
Some more pics from this morning
Heres the five little sour crack, little hot dogs but sweet and sticky
DSCN1264.JPG

Couple young DBC recently placed in GBD soil
DSCN1259.JPG

A young auto blues in GBD
DSCN1263.JPG

This Fantasmo took off crazily between the 1st and 2nd nodes. After the recent tea feeding. It may not have been ready? might need some discipline?lol

DSCN1262.JPG

Here's a flash shot of the "next in line" Sour Blues.from the previous post.
DSCN1271.JPG

That's it for now. I do have a few more plants coming along including a couple walter white/sour stomper and some little cup grows I'll try to get some pics.
:pass:

A few last pics before we're off to work.
Three Walter White x Sour Stomper babies in a reduced GBD ( 1/4 of pot)
DSCN1282.JPG

Two little Fantasmo in quart containers with some GBD
DSCN1285.JPG

These are my OxEZ seeds that will just stay in the small pots hopefully making some hot dogs.
DSCN1284.JPG

And a group shot
DSCN1283.JPG

Most of the older plants will be finished in the next few weeks, i think, then the new gals can take over the bench.

Back