Jraven's Alaska Sunroom Grow 2017

Jraven

from Southeast Alaska
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Harvest season variety
Hey There, it's that time of year again. I've got a few seeds germing so time to start the journal. It's the same old sunroom, with triple wall polycarbonate glazing, built out from the south side of my house on the beach in rainy cloudy Southeast Alaska. I'm at 56°N latitude on the NW USA coast.
This year, I made an opening section in the panel opposite the door. This will help me a lot with climate control. Last year I had serious overheating troubles during the seedling stage. It's real nice to feel the breeze blowing through, it will help keep the seedlings from stretching so much.
P_20170415_080336.jpg
P_20170415_080452.jpg
P_20170415_080314.jpg

By the way if anyone has home building plans in their future be sure and think solar. I'm just amazed at how much energy this solar addition saved this winter. And I'm in a lousy climate supposedly for solar.
P_20170409_145719.jpg

I've got my homemade organic soil mix that's described in the living organic soil section. I've got a variety of Mephisto and Portal seeds I'll name off as I go.
I'm starting slow, testing the soil out with some no account seed. They seem to be ok with it, so I'm germing some Portal Mix regulars seed I got from a buddy here on AFN. They are nice looking seeds he grew this past season. Just starting with 4 but more to come soon. He also gifted me some Z16x Harle-tzu photos, a high CBD strain from @StickMan. These too will be started ASAP. I also have a batch of Moonstone Amnesia regulars that will be next.
So, it's a start:d5::toke:

Last edited:
Cool man, enjoyed the sunroom last year, I'll definitely follow along. Hope you'll have a great summer, bud :toke:
Good to have you along brother. Going to give Stone Dragon a try this year (among others). Yours last year were so fine so I was real hot to try Portals.

Back