Hey @Rebel im thinking of getting this 400w roleadro cob led is it any good? And do you think its worth it when have a mars hydro 600w.
The roleadro is like £85 and the mars cost me £250
I use the roleadro, I like it, fans a bit noisy but no more than a fridge noise. My plants like it too.

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

Once you move from Mars to a cob light set up , you will wish you had a lot sooner . DIY is not hard , I have 9 cree 3590 and love them , yeild is more than double that of Mars . :thumbsup:

Hey @Rebel im thinking of getting this 400w roleadro cob led is it any good? And do you think its worth it when have a mars hydro 600w.
The roleadro is like £85 and the mars cost me £250
Just looked these up the 300w Roleadro COB is unknown maker but they show the spectrum as:
ScreenHunter_137 Oct. 20 11.06.jpg
Which looks ok for veg but not bloom.

If you get the more expensive 400w Cree COB 3000K this is a better all around spectrum. They do not specify the Cri used?:

ScreenHunter_138 Oct. 20 11.06.jpg

Most of the online reviews on the roledro make me think they are inexpensive for a reason. I honestly think you'll be better off sticking with the Mars unless you want to upgrade to a higher end COB. I don't think the roledro will be an upgrade over the Mars.

Most of the online reviews on the roledro make me think they are inexpensive for a reason. I honestly think you'll be better off sticking with the Mars unless you want to upgrade to a higher end COB. I don't think the roledro will be an upgrade over the Mars.

I agree. From an honest growers perspective, and someone with a bit of experience in lighting the cobs won’t be an upgrade. Cob has become popular because some are much more efficient than Epistar leds that make up a lot of these overseas panel leds. What companies like roleadro have done is taken a similar efficiency cob and benefited because of the cob hype. If you take a 20% efficient led and a 20% efficient cob you still have 20% efficiency no matter the light source. Some more expensive cobs will give you a lot more light per watt because of their 40-60% efficiency which then equals a savings on energy costs.

I use the roleadro, I like it, fans a bit noisy but no more than a fridge noise. My plants like it too.

Sent from my comfy chair
I think i see your thread on changing the cobs,the mars panel is loud too.someone on heres got a thread of them changing the fans for quiet ones.was planning to do it but if i get a new one no point.

I think i see your thread on changing the cobs,the mars panel is loud too.someone on heres got a thread of them changing the fans for quiet ones.was planning to do it but if i get a new one no point.
That is the beauty of a product like cobshop. No noise, works and simple.

Sent from my comfy chair

Once you move from Mars to a cob light set up , you will wish you had a lot sooner . DIY is not hard , I have 9 cree 3590 and love them , yeild is more than double that of Mars . :thumbsup:
Cheers man i will do then,what do you think of the roleadro 400w cob.i ask because theres one left in stock at £85 and cheapest next to that i can find is £125

How much do u think you need to spend on a diy cob

Just looked these up the 300w Roleadro COB is unknown maker but they show the spectrum as:
View attachment 963157 Which looks ok for veg but not bloom.

If you get the more expensive 400w Cree COB 3000K this is a better all around spectrum. They do not specify the Cri used?:

View attachment 963156
Cheers man the roleadro im looking at is 400w heres the pic for this one
(No clue how to check it lol)
51qe2r4i0HL._AC_SY400_.jpg

The pics not the clearest

Back