Outdoor Is it too late to start at end of july/august?

Reaction score
Im in ohio, is it too late for me to try and start at the end of july? Im considering ordering seeds for outdoors but Im wondering am I too late to start anything else new?

Its not too late, but I would suggest strains that are fast finishing. You don't have a whole lot of time before climactic conditions start to work against you (night temps, excessive moisture). If you have access to a greenhouse or a mostly sheltered balcony, you should be fine, but understand the light is also not as optimal as the year goes on, which will affect yield. Also, for the aforementioned reasons, I would select for containers rather than in ground planting (mobility in bad weather). Opt for bigger pots as well, to encourage larger plants, and err on the side of caution with nutes, any stress will hurt an already somewhat diminished harvest. Whatever you decide to do, I encourage you to try! The best of us cannot predict your results, you may pull in a huge daddy, late year smooth and creamy crop of dankness :D

With that being said, check the weather in your area. I'm not exactly sure of how fast your season progresses, and Im too high atm the investigate for you. I still love you though.

Back