Inline fan & carbon filter

Reaction score
Hey.
Going to start 1 or 2 autos and looking at the Mars hydro ts600 tent set up, it’s the 60x60x140 size (decent enough for a couple autos?) looking for advice on affordable online fan and carbon filter, just moved so don’t want to piss the neighbours off with the smell just yet

I grew 1 auto before outside a couple year ago but apart from that I’m relatively new to growing.
ive got 10L fabric posts (size okay?) and medium is biobizz all mix, any tips tricks and advice is welcome.

cheers

11 l is basically 3 gal I think so should be ok.
Amazon or ebay should have exhaust setups for decent price. Fan, filter, ducting. With a 2 ft x 2 ft tent one plant could fill it up with lst. As far as advise, be patient, go slow, autos are more finicky with nutrients, you can always add but not so easy to remove.
And have some fun with it.

20201201_090053.jpg

Did 4 in 3 gallon pots in a 2 x 4 tent under 2 x ts600. Freaking pain to move em around.

View attachment 1297316
Did 4 in 3 gallon pots in a 2 x 4 tent under 2 x ts600. Freaking pain to move em around.
Looks class. I’d love a bigger tent but space and keeping it discreet is key. What’s the deal with the distance of the light to the plants? Do I always keep them a certain distance or as the tents not that tall just make it maximum height?

hi Awg52,welcome to AFN.

I've only been growing since christmas day,so i don't have alot of knowledge to pass on,but i do have a 2x2x4 tent that i can share some info.
Not sure what seeds you have but make sure you are selecting a plant that doesn't tend to grow huge.
Focus on growing a healthy plant,not a huge one.
As for 1 plant or 2,i would say try both your first 2 grows and see which you like.
i started with a 5 gallon grow and am currently trying a 2 plant grow in 3 gallon pots.
Both have their pluses and minuses.

i started with a cheap small inline fan,then decided to upgrade to the 4inch infinity s4 cloudline.
extra fan speed helped when needed.
carbon filter i think i just bought the cheapest 4inch vivvosun i could find.
i have both of those outside the tent because of lack of room inside tent.
i'm using the ts1000 light.
also have a small 4inch fan on floor inside tent as well as oscillating fan up top.

good luck,and get growing.
good luck

Yeah, got 2 ts1000s coming for my setup.
Most manufacturers give you a recommended height and you can tweak from there. And don't get discouraged, it's a learning process.

Looks class. I’d love a bigger tent but space and keeping it discreet is key. What’s the deal with the distance of the light to the plants? Do I always keep them a certain distance or as the tents not that tall just make it maximum height?
hi Awg52,welcome to AFN.

I've only been growing since christmas day,so i don't have alot of knowledge to pass on,but i do have a 2x2x4 tent that i can share some info.
Not sure what seeds you have but make sure you are selecting a plant that doesn't tend to grow huge.
Focus on growing a healthy plant,not a huge one.
As for 1 plant or 2,i would say try both your first 2 grows and see which you like.
i started with a 5 gallon grow and am currently trying a 2 plant grow in 3 gallon pots.
Both have their pluses and minuses.

i started with a cheap small inline fan,then decided to upgrade to the 4inch infinity s4 cloudline.
extra fan speed helped when needed.
carbon filter i think i just bought the cheapest 4inch vivvosun i could find.
i have both of those outside the tent because of lack of room inside tent.
i'm using the ts1000 light.
also have a small 4inch fan on floor inside tent as well as oscillating fan up top.

good luck,and get growing.
good luck
how often are you running the fan? Is the fan/filter working same as it would if it were inside ?

you want them further to start so the plants don't hurt, I think in veg/seed people reccomend 18-22 inches with LED. That depends on how strong the light is, you might find thats too much with a big light at full power. As the plant grows it can take more and generally get closer. Its something you need to work with a little bit as you go, the plant will stretch alot if theres not enough light, and it will show abuse if its too close. Post on here as you and there are alot of talented growers that can offer good advice.

Exhaust fans, you can probably use a 4inch. I like the AC infinity set ups, you can link two together and keep the air pressure neutral. They also have a sensor to activate for humidity, heat etc.... They arent super cheap, but I don't think they are much more than others and offer more imo. One is fine, two just keeps air pressure nicer on your tent.

Well, for 1st grow I ran fan 24/7 full blast.
Upgrading to a fan controller and inkbird 308. Will be able to run lower speeds and have it come when temp gets to set point.
Lol. You'll always be tweaking things thinking of upgrades to get the most out of your space.

Back