Extraction Infusion directly in the instant pot. No mason jars??

Reaction score
I was reading about using the instant potfor canna oil but most recipes are using a water bath and sealed mason jar. Any reason why I can’t just add material and oil to the pot directly and process, then strain once fully extracted. What would be a good ratio? I’m looking to make the strongest oil I can make. Material will be budlets and shake. Oil will be high quality coconut oil. Not MCT. Thanks!!!

Oh yeah. Oil for consumption. I just want to do it all in the pressure cooker but not in mason jars. I was wondering if there was an advantage to using the jars. Maybe just for when you have less material to extract? I will be using 1-2 oz of material and as many cups of coconut oil needed. Then I was going to pressure cook for about 30 minutes and pressure release naturally. I will also “dry/semi decarb” before hand just to make sure there is as little moisture content as possible when I start.

Oh yeah. Oil for consumption. I just want to do it all in the pressure cooker but not in mason jars. I was wondering if there was an advantage to using the jars. Maybe just for when you have less material to extract? I will be using 1-2 oz of material and as many cups of coconut oil needed. Then I was going to pressure cook for about 30 minutes and pressure release naturally. I will also “dry/semi decarb” before hand just to make sure there is as little moisture content as possible when I start.

Sorry I am not much help as I dont know anything about making oil in a pressure cooker or mason jars.
have you thought of or read about the simpler method of infusion where you decbarb the flower in the oven and then put it in coconut oil in to a pot and simmer or in to a slow cooker? And then strain when done. That is the method I used to use.

I do that too. I just found my favorite tincture company uses pressure infusion. Their product is very strong. Can’t wait to try! I think folks are using the mason jars because of the smaller volume of material they are working with. I have small pressure cooker so my batch can be small. Thanks!

Just been reading slow cooker after decarboxylase for 8 hours on low then strain.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

tincture company uses pressure infusion.

Welcome to Planet AFN, Human!

I would like to know what they are calling "pressure infusion".

My process uses pressure to infuse alcohol. Oil would have to be light (MCT, grapeseed etc.) and even then I don't know if oil would work.

The best direct oil infusions I have made to date have been made by floating a turkey bag of ingredients in a slow-cooker full of water. The strongest to date though, has concentrate blended into it.

I don't know about pressure cooking pot, but I am willing to guess that the jars floating in water even the temperature and prevent scalding/burning the oil.

Last edited:
I was reading about using the instant potfor canna oil but most recipes are using a water bath and sealed mason jar. Any reason why I can’t just add material and oil to the pot directly and process, then strain once fully extracted. What would be a good ratio? I’m looking to make the strongest oil I can make. Material will be budlets and shake. Oil will be high quality coconut oil. Not MCT. Thanks!!!
Sorry, just posted on main page didnt see this one 1st. I have been pondering is for about 2 weeks now. Wasnt sure if I should post this question because not sure a pressure cooker makes a difference. I know you have already but a mbm is a much better tool for the job. There're other brands that are cheaper as well. You can do it, but its gonna stink. And when the pressure is released its really gonna stink. Just keep that in mind. The reason for the Mason jars is to keep the smell in. I strongly recommend a mbm, it's simple all you do throw decarbed weed in with butter/coconut oil some lecithin (optional but highly recommended) push time and temp and in 2hrs you got ready to strain and use. You can also make olive oil and tinctureswith it. Keeps the smell to area ofmachine and there is not much of it tho. Also if you are saying you want it strong, then you better do a full complete decarb or your wasting your weed. That is if your talking about a strong high? If you dont decarb you wont get high. You may feel little something but you need to activate the thca to thc.

Back