Grow Mediums Indi's ongoing Uc-Rdwc mephisto thread.

^E06622426F593C074F41F404AD420FE68DAFED2BF830D36D0D^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
^670FFD7D36B9E17138610407DC9F5853F7955EC6DC67F5B1BF^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
^DA3764E68C89E4F0F89004A9B3B6F6B745D91A3017DFAAECDF^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

Nice I caught this one in the beginning, let me pull up a seat and notebook! Will you be telling us amounts fed, ppm ph etc etc? Just curious as you know as winter approaching I'm eagerly waiting to try DWC when I can get temps right!
Thy shall be done bro ;) il detail everything for you :)

Here's a run down of whats been done :

They currently are being flooded with Orca Mycorrizae and benificial bacteria.
this is a new premium product by the same company that makes Greatwhite ,however this stuff is there newer better formulation. and highly concentrated.

Product overveiw
Premium Liquid Mycorrhizae with Beneficial Bacteria
Orca is a highly concentrated LIQUID mycorrhizal and beneficial bacteria product.

It brings together 4 highly effective endo mycorrhizal species with 14 super effective bacteria strains. From the people who brought you Great White, this all-in-one inoculant is all you need when it comes to beneficials.

Never before has such a powerful inoculante been so clean, easy to apply, and effective.

--------------

Endomycorrhiza
Glomus intraradices – 17 propagules per mL
Glomus mosseae – 17 props per mL
Glomus etunicatum – 17 props per mL
Glomus aggregatum – 17 props per mL
:yeahthat:-----All of this lot is very important for hydro applications as instead of colonising around the roots/root crown it actually colonises in the roots themselves and fattens them up increasing the surface area of the roots themselves, better enabling nutrient uptake.Unlike ecotomycorrhizae which is more suited to soil applications.

Bacteria
Azotobacter chroococcum – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus subtilis – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus licheniformis – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus azotoformans – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus megaterium – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus coagulans – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus pumilus – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus thuringiensis – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Paenibacillus durum – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Paenibacillus polymyxa – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Saccharomyces cerevisiae – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Pseudomonas aureofaciens – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Pseudomonas fluorescens – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Heres a quick run down on diffrences between ecto and endo myhcorrhizae

Endomycorrhiza / Arbuscular Mycorrhiza

An Endomycorrhiza arbuscular mycorrhiza (plural mycorrhizae or mycorrhizas) is a type of mycorrhiza in which the fungus penetrates the cortical cells of the roots of a vascular plant. Arbuscular mycorrhizae (AMs) are characterized by the formation of unique structures such as arbuscules and vesicles by fungi of the phylum Glomeromycota (AM fungi). AM fungi help plants to capture nutrients such as phosphorus and micronutrients from the soil. It is believed that the development of the arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis played a crucial role in the initial colonisation of land by plants and in the evolution of the vascular plants.

Ectomycorrhiza

Ectomycorrhizas, or EcM, are typically formed between the roots of around 10% of plant families, mostly woody plants including the birch, dipterocarp, eucalyptus, oak, pine, and rose families and fungi belonging to the Basidiomycota, Ascomycota, and Zygomycota. Ectomycorrhizas consist of a hyphal sheath, or mantle, covering the root tip and a hartig net of hyphae surrounding the plant cells within the root cortex. In some cases the hyphae may also penetrate the plant cells, in which case the mycorrhiza is called an ectendomycorrhiza. Outside the root, the fungal mycelium forms an extensive network within the soil and leaf litter. Nutrients can be shown to move between different plants through the fungal network (sometimes called the wood wide web). Carbon has been shown to move from birch trees into fir trees thereby promoting succession in ecosystems.

So after all that the difference is simple and the need for a certain type in hydro becomes apparent.

I'm sitting them under my 600whps lamp which is almost to the top of the 2mtr tent for 14hours a day in the solution of ORCA at about 5ml in the small measuring cups.
-------------------------

Shortly i will start preparing the system again as it needs to be sterilised and inoculated with bennies and mycorrhizea fungi. This step is very important for systems that have been left awhile or are new because the bennies and fungi spores need to reach all the fresh places before the baddies do ie.algae,and pathogens like phythium.

The other 3 seedlings are starting to surface together which i'm quite happy about because the closer they are together the more accurate i can get my nutes ..I like to be as accurate as possible Hahaha ;) cheers guys. i'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Here's a run down of whats been done :

They currently are being flooded with Orca Mycorrizae and benificial bacteria.
this is a new premium product by the same company that makes Greatwhite ,however this stuff is there newer better formulation. and highly concentrated.

Product overveiw
Premium Liquid Mycorrhizae with Beneficial Bacteria
Orca is a highly concentrated LIQUID mycorrhizal and beneficial bacteria product.

It brings together 4 highly effective endo mycorrhizal species with 14 super effective bacteria strains. From the people who brought you Great White, this all-in-one inoculant is all you need when it comes to beneficials.

Never before has such a powerful inoculante been so clean, easy to apply, and effective.

--------------

Endomycorrhiza
Glomus intraradices – 17 propagules per mL
Glomus mosseae – 17 props per mL
Glomus etunicatum – 17 props per mL
Glomus aggregatum – 17 props per mL
:yeahthat:-----All of this lot is very important for hydro applications as instead of colonising around the roots/root crown it actually colonises in the roots themselves and fattens them up increasing the surface area of the roots themselves, better enabling nutrient uptake.Unlike ecotomycorrhizae which is more suited to soil applications.

Bacteria
Azotobacter chroococcum – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus subtilis – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus licheniformis – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus azotoformans – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus megaterium – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus coagulans – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus pumilus – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus thuringiensis – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Paenibacillus durum – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Paenibacillus polymyxa – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Saccharomyces cerevisiae – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Pseudomonas aureofaciens – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Pseudomonas fluorescens – 24,960 CFU’s per mL
Heres a quick run down on diffrences between ecto and endo myhcorrhizae

Endomycorrhiza / Arbuscular Mycorrhiza

An Endomycorrhiza arbuscular mycorrhiza (plural mycorrhizae or mycorrhizas) is a type of mycorrhiza in which the fungus penetrates the cortical cells of the roots of a vascular plant. Arbuscular mycorrhizae (AMs) are characterized by the formation of unique structures such as arbuscules and vesicles by fungi of the phylum Glomeromycota (AM fungi). AM fungi help plants to capture nutrients such as phosphorus and micronutrients from the soil. It is believed that the development of the arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis played a crucial role in the initial colonisation of land by plants and in the evolution of the vascular plants.

Ectomycorrhiza

Ectomycorrhizas, or EcM, are typically formed between the roots of around 10% of plant families, mostly woody plants including the birch, dipterocarp, eucalyptus, oak, pine, and rose families and fungi belonging to the Basidiomycota, Ascomycota, and Zygomycota. Ectomycorrhizas consist of a hyphal sheath, or mantle, covering the root tip and a hartig net of hyphae surrounding the plant cells within the root cortex. In some cases the hyphae may also penetrate the plant cells, in which case the mycorrhiza is called an ectendomycorrhiza. Outside the root, the fungal mycelium forms an extensive network within the soil and leaf litter. Nutrients can be shown to move between different plants through the fungal network (sometimes called the wood wide web). Carbon has been shown to move from birch trees into fir trees thereby promoting succession in ecosystems.

So after all that the difference is simple and the need for a certain type in hydro becomes apparent.

I'm sitting them under my 600whps lamp which is almost to the top of the 2mtr tent for 14hours a day in the solution of ORCA at about 5ml in the small measuring cups.
-------------------------

Shortly i will start preparing the system again as it needs to be sterilised and inoculated with bennies and mycorrhizea fungi. This step is very important for systems that have been left awhile or are new because the bennies and fungi spores need to reach all the fresh places before the baddies do ie.algae,and pathogens like phythium.

The other 3 seedlings are starting to surface together which i'm quite happy about because the closer they are together the more accurate i can get my nutes ..I like to be as accurate as possible Hahaha ;) cheers guys. i'll keep you posted.
Holy crap that's detailed! For sure!! Lol I appreciate it man! I'm asking for the haul and excited to see what you do!!

Hi all update. well more info really :crying:

A little while ago i started reading into the Circadian Rhythm or Plants bodyclock i believe they even made a movie called that at some stage Haha unrelated
Anyway i actually found the inner workings to be quite simple ..so i'l add it back into here for you guys ;) i know my nerdy mates will love this one!!
The clock genes work on a central feedback loop; this means that three genes work together in a seesaw-like action. These genes have the curious names of CCA1, LHY and TOC1; TOC1 is named after the sound a clock makes! Each gene tells the plant to make a protein bearing the same name as the gene. These proteins are like little engines that drive certain processes inside the plant.

To start with, when the sun rises the relevant instructions tell the plant to make the CCA1 and LHY proteins. When these are being made the plant knows that it is daytime. These two proteins prevent the plant from making TOC1. In the afternoon the plant destroys CCA1 and LHY, which allows TOC1 to be made. When there is lots of TOC1 the plant knows it is night time. TOC1 is destroyed just before dawn, but the last job it does is to tell the plant to make CCA1 and LHY, starting the whole process off again.

This complicated feedback loop is actually only the central part of a network of interacting genes but it acts like the tiny cogs on the inside of a watch that move the hands around.

So with that mad little bit of info we can take that into account when thinking about uninterrupted light schedules and dark time naps.
which is why some growers like to use a special kind of green light in there growrooms like this one.
sw2000_2.jpg

Today the girl/ girls are doing fine alittle slow for me but i'm expecting them up tomorrow as i can see all 3 of them coming through of course its just down to the root riot cubes but also slightly cooler temps particularly at night which is also more than capable of slowing things up on its own. will keep you posted ;)

Last edited:
Hi all update. well more info really :crying:

A little while ago i started reading into the Circadian Rhythm or Plants bodyclock i believe they even made a movie called that at some stage Haha unrelated
Anyway i actually found the inner workings to be quite simple ..so i'l add it back into here for you guys ;) i know my nerdy mates will love this one!!
The clock genes work on a central feedback loop; this means that three genes work together in a seesaw-like action. These genes have the curious names of CCA1, LHY and TOC1; TOC1 is named after the sound a clock makes! Each gene tells the plant to make a protein bearing the same name as the gene. These proteins are like little engines that drive certain processes inside the plant.

To start with, when the sun rises the relevant instructions tell the plant to make the CCA1 and LHY proteins. When these are being made the plant knows that it is daytime. These two proteins prevent the plant from making TOC1. In the afternoon the plant destroys CCA1 and LHY, which allows TOC1 to be made. When there is lots of TOC1 the plant knows it is night time. TOC1 is destroyed just before dawn, but the last job it does is to tell the plant to make CCA1 and LHY, starting the whole process off again.

This complicated feedback loop is actually only the central part of a network of interacting genes but it acts like the tiny cogs on the inside of a watch that move the hands around.

So with that mad little bit of info we can take that into account when thinking about uninterrupted light schedules and dark time naps.
which is why some growers like to use a special kind of green light in there growrooms like this one.
sw2000_2.jpg

Today the girl/ girls are doing fine alittle slow for me but i'm expecting them up tomorrow as i can see all 3 of them coming through of course its just down to the root riot cubes but also slightly cooler temps particularly at night which is also more than capable of slowing things up on its own. will keep you posted ;)
Sooo how does this affect autoflowers running on a 24/0 light schedule?

Back