Grow Mediums Indi's ongoing Uc-Rdwc mephisto thread.

Great tutorial! If only id realized the benefit of diaphragm air pumps before I spent a bunch on piston driven ones. Hot air sucks! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
haha i've never actually used a piston one for growing ..i do have one for my airbrush guns though but its a bit big and loud for growing i think!! haha , i do like them quite thou just because of stealth reasons and the location of my grow space ;)

I love the fact that you can replace the diaphragm on that one, I need to see if I can do it on mine. But at only 75 bucks a piece for the 200LPM even if I replace them every grow I will be ok with it lol.

I love the fact that you can replace the diaphragm on that one, I need to see if I can do it on mine. But at only 75 bucks a piece for the 200LPM even if I replace them every grow I will be ok with it lol.
Well you could man and just send me your old ones that would be totally acceptable hahaha :D ;)
I hope everythings going good on your end man ;) missin not havin you around so much ;)

Update day 11

Hi everyone ,I missed yesterday's update due to thee nothing much happening but growwth ,But heres some happy snaps of the girls ,As you can see 3 have a little stretch being not under lights for a week ..

Which for me would normally be handy, Although this time im not LST'n hard out due to the size of the GC's not really necessary, Just a simple light LST is fine on these ladies. they will catch up shortly :)
ENJOY the pics :)
upload_2016-10-31_15-9-58.png

upload_2016-10-31_15-10-30.png

Update day 12.

Hi everyone, Today i'm dumping the solution. Because the solution level is so high i need to be perfectly sure there's no clay debris/dust in the system. I was pre-prepared for this and just want to make sure shes well maintained and in tip top shape then i'l run for 2 weeks before the next change over.

Because of my bennies (beneficial bacteria) and temps barly ever exceeding 19c its unlikly to get a Phythium infection at least for a while however id like to avoid any possibility of that or anything else that may effect the girls.

I will top nutes off next week to around 220ppms hanna.

Ph is about 5.9 today so i feel like its a good time. ;) The system remains in perfect order and running smoothly very happy with it. ;)

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Update day 11

Hi everyone ,I missed yesterday's update due to thee nothing much happening but growwth ,But heres some happy snaps of the girls ,As you can see 3 have a little stretch being not under lights for a week ..

Which for me would normally be handy, Although this time im not LST'n hard out due to the size of the GC's not really necessary, Just a simple light LST is fine on these ladies. they will catch up shortly :)
ENJOY the pics :)
View attachment 653038
View attachment 653039

Hey I was just noticing something with your system, with your bulkheads being so high up on the bucket do you have a lower drain valve or a bottom suction fitting inside one of the buckets? That was one of my issues is that I cant just drain my system all the way, there is always the last bit of water in the bottom below the bulkhead. I have thought of a couple different ways to deal with this, first what I have done in the past is just drain it as much as I can then fill again with plain water and drain and repeat, then on the last one actually get in there with a cleaning cloth and get any of the remaining salt out with that. Second I have thought about trying a bottom suction fitting to attach to the inside of my bulkheads, however I don't know if I like the idea of the pump sucking up the sediment on the bottom and recirculating that. So how are you getting all the water out of your RDWC my bro

Hi everyone! and Happy halloween weekend!!!

Update day 10

Girls are tip top and going strong ,
Ph 5.8
ppms still around 170ppms hanna (give or take)
I've also switched to full 18/6 light
schedule
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just done the diaphragm change. soo here we go. ;)

Firstly i would just like to start by saying these instructions are fairly universal for most pumps.

Warning always unplug electricals before operating on them!!! pumps are very safe to maintain IF they are unplugged!

Take off the feet and cover always a good start haha ;)
View attachment 652321

The diaphragms are located under the black casing (see pic below) ,Also an option is to grab the "full repair kit" for your pump which also includes valves and other bits (sold at some hydro shops or pump stores,ebay etc.

I was fairly sure i didnt need them for this job so i just grabbed the diaphragms. undo the screws, holding the black casing to the heatsink.

View attachment 652322
View attachment 652358

Under the black casing is another case which contains the diaphragms (be careful not to loose anything)
View attachment 652332

Next undo the spindle nut. (see the diaphram its the big circular black thing in the casing)
View attachment 652348
View attachment 652346
So once the nuts off we can pull off the black diaphragm casing containing the diaphragm.. whilst being careful not to damage the fragile thin washers covering the front and backside of the diaphragm

View attachment 652342
View attachment 652340

Cant see much damage except the holes look to big and there's some wear and tear therefore probably loose..
out with the old in with the new ;)
View attachment 652344
View attachment 652338

Carefully reassemble diaphragms and casings.
View attachment 652349

View attachment 652357

Once done you have a brand new pump . Good luck ! ;)

Awesome man!! I'm so happy your set up is rocking for you! I know how much it means to you and how much work you've put in! Can't wait to see the Indi Jungle!!

I cant wait to see massive !!Extreme Sugarbakers!! rocking my tent bro!!! thank you so much again @Rebel for giving me the chance :) id slap you but i need to show some love ;)

Back