In ground soil opinions

Reaction score
i’m looking for advice/opinions on premix soil and soil conditioners for an outdoor in ground gorilla grow. i can visit the location fairly easy but would prefer not to for the most part. i will be growing fast buds gelato autos and am located at 40* north latitude wise. I live in farm country with corn and soy bean fields as far as the eye can see. the ground produces some of the best crops in the states, however i want to give these plants the best life possible and hopefully increase yields. my plan is to dig about 12”x12” holes maybe 12” or 18” deep (opinions on hole size are also welcome) and either fill the holes with a premix water only super soil or mix in a conditioner with the dirt and fill the hole back in. main supply of water being rain but also hand watering if a dry spell were to arise. any one have experience growing like this? any premix recommendations? any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Hey mate I think it Depends how good the ground soil is to begin with and if you can wait long enough to ammend it. I recently tried the ammending natural soil but it was a clay soil and was difficult. And will probably take 3 years to become nice. I've decided it would be easier in the short term to haul my own super soil in. When it comes to fertilizing outdoors I will be feeding molasses and maybe some organic nitrogen fish fertilizer. With some guanno powder for flowering cycle. I want to stay away from anything synthetic as I been reading it causes the microbes to become lazy and die off.

Last edited:
Don't know how they would work with autoplants , slow release fertilizer is usually bad news, but I've been dying to try these outdoors on a few of my plants to see what happens.

Pre-measured organic plant food paks containing a 5 month slow release fertilizer and mycorrhizae. Designed for transplanting and staggering in containers, raised beds and in-ground gardens. Once & done fertilizing, no mess, measuring or mixing!

I have decided to try a product call Natures Living Soil, it’s a concentrated blend of several components targeted specifically for autos. I am going to mix 1 pound with 5 gallons of Fox Farm Happy Frog, dig holes in the earth and back fill with this concoction and see how it works. anyone have any experience with this product?

I have decided to try a product call Natures Living Soil, it’s a concentrated blend of several components targeted specifically for autos. I am going to mix 1 pound with 5 gallons of Fox Farm Happy Frog, dig holes in the earth and back fill with this concoction and see how it works. anyone have any experience with this product?

No experience with this, but interested to see how your plants do with it. Do you have a grow journal going yet?

If you plant in grow bags and bury the bags u can move them around in case u catch someone in your garden. Also make a mesuring up amendments a little bit easier:frog::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1589100569622.png

I am not to sure what to say - so I won't '

Corn and soybeans - sounds like the Midwest ..... but wherever you are - those Farmers are probably using chemical fertilizers to get that growth and the soil is probably becoming sterile over the years so your idea of digging and replacing the soil is a good one .....

Personally I would NOT use bagged soil for the fill, rather go to a local nursery / garden center and see if they SELL THEIR OWN “super soil” and use that - a local nursery will compost and make their soil for their plants - that soil likely will likely be alive ......

Obtain soil source and dig good size hole - at the very bottom throw in half cup of bone meal and a raw egg, cracked open, and then fill hole and let sit for a little time before planting ...... be sure to heavily mulch the area after planting .....

While I have NOT grown marijuana this way I have grown plenty of vegetable plants over many many years and they thrive - good luck!

Attachments

• 3A452345-FF22-458F-9C1D-CBCD51ED9BB3.jpeg
    3A452345-FF22-458F-9C1D-CBCD51ED9BB3.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 68
  • E8F81674-8FA3-4A84-A198-0503866F1305.jpeg
    E8F81674-8FA3-4A84-A198-0503866F1305.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 74
Back