Ideal way of cooling down closet?

For those with quantum boards that run hot and cannot take their driver out their closet... here's something that helps a bit.

Take your driver off and mount it to a wall inside the tent.. nearest your light since there isn't much cable to work with length wise.

Clip a 6 or 9" fan on somewhere and have it blow onto your light / driver area.

It does help and its brought my temps down a bit better.

Hi there. I see you're exhausing air but didn't see anywhere else in the post; do you also have an intake? I found with my small tent I had to have one due to heat build up. Every little advantage you take can reduce by a dagree to a few depending on the source.

Hi there. I see you're exhausing air but didn't see anywhere else in the post; do you also have an intake? I found with my small tent I had to have one due to heat build up. Every little advantage you take can reduce by a dagree to a few depending on the source.

My closet door is left open most of the time bro. I don't have much of an intake. I don't have the tools to install a good vent in my door right now. I did make a small square in the bottom of the closet wall and wired up a pc fan just to pull air in. Its not sufficient enough but it does help a little bit. Im tryna move apartment so im hoping i can soon and have much more space with a loft to store a tent in

My closet door is left open most of the time bro. I don't have much of an intake. I don't have the tools to install a good vent in my door right now. I did make a small square in the bottom of the closet wall and wired up a pc fan just to pull air in. Its not sufficient enough but it does help a little bit. Im tryna move apartment so im hoping i can soon and have much more space with a loft to store a tent in
I understand. You could even MacGyver it by using a lager room fan and make a temporary cardboard ducting reducer to the floor of the closet untill the temps come back down to a reasonable level. No worries if you hate the idea. I'm a creative. I just think that way. Either way. Looks like you have a harvest coming soon. Cheers man!

In my plywood grow cabinet which is outdoors, adding a 80mm ThermalTake fan helped me cool down the cabinet a decent bit - brought it down by a couple of C's to around 26 or 27C with Humidity in the high 50's to low 60's. This is a really tiny 2W fan!

I am still waiting for my inline AC Infinity, but I guess being outdoors has a few advantages :) There are vents at the bottom of the cabinet on either side and one 4" open hole around the top of the side panel to exhaust that has been left open for now.

Btw, I use the same Kingbrite that you have, but The QB version I am using is white led's only along with 2 additional strips of far red panels (660 and 730) for a total of 300W, but I am running the QB288 at 60% intensity.

Air intake is key, so if you are not getting enough fresh air in, your tent is bound to get hot - see if you can use a dremel to cut open a few holes on the side panels and the negative pressure due to the inline fan should pull in fresh air. If that still doesn't help, have an active air intake will help for sure (think it's unnecessary though).

In my plywood grow cabinet which is outdoors, adding a 80mm ThermalTake fan helped me cool down the cabinet a decent bit - brought it down by a couple of C's to around 26 or 27C with Humidity in the high 50's to low 60's. This is a really tiny 2W fan!

I am still waiting for my inline AC Infinity, but I guess being outdoors has a few advantages :) There are vents at the bottom of the cabinet on either side and one 4" open hole around the top of the side panel to exhaust that has been left open for now.

Btw, I use the same Kingbrite that you have, but The QB version I am using is white led's only along with 2 additional strips of far red panels (660 and 730) for a total of 300W, but I am running the QB288 at 60% intensity.

Air intake is key, so if you are not getting enough fresh air in, your tent is bound to get hot - see if you can use a dremel to cut open a few holes on the side panels and the negative pressure due to the inline fan should pull in fresh air. If that still doesn't help, have an active air intake will help for sure (think it's unnecessary though).

Have u completed any grows with your kingbrite mate? If so send pics or if u have a journal tag me in it.

The main issue for heat the now is my climate/weather. Weather outside is up to 26 degrees Celsius and humidity is around 70% and reaches 98% at night because it's summer time here.

I might buy one of those fans and replace my old pc fan tho!

Have u completed any grows with your kingbrite mate? If so send pics or if u have a journal tag me in it.

The main issue for heat the now is my climate/weather. Weather outside is up to 26 degrees Celsius and humidity is around 70% and reaches 98% at night because it's summer time here.

I might buy one of those fans and replace my old pc fan tho!

Outdoor grower here - I just moved my lady indoor. This will be the first indoor as an experiment because I can control most of the variables. I have a thread in the DIY area with pictures of the cabinet and the lights.

When I had heat issues, after turnin up the ext fan and lowerin wattage I finally realised I could just make my intake bigger so it sucks more cool air in. Worked a treat. Took a few C off

Back