HushHush does Mephisto

Hey Hush hush
Just dropping by to wish you all the best with your next grow!
The AFN fam are great (as you know) and I'm sure they will have your back and lend a hand when needed.
Seems we are both in coco and using megacrop so I'll be sure to drop by and see how your girls grow!
We are both LED too but I'm using 3 x SANlight S4W's @ 140W each (actual draw) and I'll turning them on one by one through the grow as it is needed.
6" Filter/extractor is big for a 70 x70. Doy have problems with the tent walls sucking in through high negative pressure? Or maybe you're using a fan speed controller?
Canna coco has always been an excellent coco for me and 6 liter pots is a good size, coco pots don't need to be as large as soil grows, thats on of the benefits of it being a hydroponic substrate.
You may want to add some PK boost in bloom phase but be careful because coco is naturally high in Potassium.
In coco under LED your spot on that you may need Cal/mag but what is often over looked and the cause of mystery deficiencies is Iron which is need as much as Cal/mag, whcich I would advise going for A Cal/mag Iron supplement.
Here's a few Cal/Mag supplements with have added iron
  • Humboldts Secret CalMag & Iron
  • VitaLink CalMag (two forms of chelated iron)
  • Botanicare CAL-MAG Plus Plant Supplement 2-0-0 Formula + trace elements
  • Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra
Mephisto Genetics you can't go wrong!
I can't wait to see you Skyline 400, it's not an LED I have seen in use but I hear good things.

Is any of that helpful? I just read through your list and spoke my mind, I hope that's ok, I have been known to ramble on lol!

Wow. Thank you so much for your message mate. Yes I have a variac? Should I pre load my coco at maybe 2 grams per gallon?

More concerned about growing a plant that may be bigger than my tent...
HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya man. check out my Auto ultimate I got over 500g from 2 plants in coco/soil mix in 20l smart pot.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/2-auto-ultimate-led-hydroponic-ltd.64134/page-9:pass:
www.ledhydroponics.co.uk.jpg

Auto%20Glueberry%20OG%201R.jpg

This is a Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry in coco, in a 15 liter pot and it is 1.25 Meters wide!

So depending on the strain your growing pot size can play an important factor,..................growing a relatively small strain............ then giving it every extra bit of root space can help with maxing your yield.

Growing an XXL strains or super autos for example and using a big pot, in a small space and you could find yourself with huge thug of a plant, that has outgrown its space.

This Auto Glueberry wouldn't fit in to a 70cm x 70cm space, it's almost twice as wide.

It is better to start with smaller pots and get bigger pots once you are used to growing in your space and see what works with the techniques and methods you use.

Everyone has a slightly different growing style and experience level, every grow you do, you will learn something new and maybe one day you will look back and think "hmm if only".............but hindsight is always 20/20 and you can see things with clarity, that you wouldn't have been able to see looking forward, due to lack of knowledge and experience.

Once knowledge has been accrued and experience gained , then it is the time to apply it and grow bigger and better than before.

First learn to grow good plants which have some nice buds & then learn to maximize the yield.

In the first post HushHush mentioned his last journal wasn't successful, so let's get him the basics first and then teach him to grow monsters after that.

AFN is famous for supporting new growers and especially so, because of our friendly helpful members, who are always willing to lend a hand and many new growers have gone on to be expert growers, with their own techniques and styles.

Just remember when you first started growing and the advice you were given, new growers need to start from scratch and work their way up to where more experienced growers are.

They need to be helped step by step so they can learn and grow in confidence, Rome wasn't built in a day so, K.I.S.S and after that make it as involved and as in depth as you like.

One last thing brother, try read as many journals as you can where the tent size, substrate and equipment are similar. Coco journals especially.

I'm looking forward to further installments and lots of nice pics and enjoy the rest of your weekend bro:pass::coco::smokeit::forward:

I’m more concerned about my little tent mate. Concerned if I used a bigger pot I would struggle for space.

HH

Plant size will certainly be relative to strain size and pot size. Check the average breeder quoted size before assuming that the pot will be too large for the space you have.

Coco - I have personally never used coco(which is too bad), but coco has a reputation of being both a fantastic medium but also one that can be very finicky due to its smaller window of available nutrients than soil has. If you are staying right on the mark for PH then you should do very well with coco.

Your last grow......hmm i didnt see anything go wrong in your last grow. Sometimes it can all fall back to the seed. Sometimes a seed simply doesn't have a whole lot of vigor. This can happen with any seed from any strain. Because you are not sure where the GSC came from, its very difficult to say whether its a single seed issue, or possible even the strain is known to stay relatively small.

It is better to start with smaller pots and get bigger pots once you are used to growing in your space and see what works with the techniques and methods you use.

I absolutely agree with this 110%, remember though that pot size is relative to strain size.

First learn to grow good plants which have some nice buds & then learn to maximize the yield.

Plant health.....first we learn to grow a nice healthy plant. When that comes to fruition, so will the monsters!!

Good afternoon,

First of all a big thank you to everyone who has subbed up. It means a lot to know that there are much more experienced eyes watching me and my grow.

@arty zan- my calmag is vitalink so iron is included. And I do have Canna PK 13/14.

@912GreenSkell - I’m sticking with my original pot size as there are a couple different pheno‘s of White Crack with one being larger. I’ll also do some light training on her though I’m undecided about topping her at the moment.

@Taipan - Great grow mate. Very impressed!

At the moment my seed has just shown her tail so will put into her first home tomorrow.

Many thanks to everyone.

HH

have grown in 6L pots for a long time,recently tried 3L pots yields have dropped 30-40% so not half as bad.took me a long time to learn the basics or fundamentals,like watering and i can still cock that up now and again.
grow natural or an emmergemcy super cropping if need be.can take a few grows to find your feet,try not to go swapping over and changing stuff.get a feel for growing and the experience of a couple of grows.
(all the above is just the opinion of another eejit)
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

have grown in 6L pots for a long time,recently tried 3L pots yields have dropped 30-40% so not half as bad.took me a long time to learn the basics or fundamentals,like watering and i can still cock that up now and again.
grow natural or an emmergemcy super cropping if need be.can take a few grows to find your feet,try not to go swapping over and changing stuff.get a feel for growing and the experience of a couple of grows.
(all the above is just the opinion of another eejit)
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Hi Archie,

Sensible advice. If I could take myself out of the equation I’d probably do better!

I’ve followed your grows for a while now which has nudged me towards Mephisto so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

HH

Back