:crying::laughcry::funny: Creepy .. yes a little but also a compliment so i'll take it, "Ta very much!"
Why not have a toke on this :bong: It'll help you sleep where you are lol :snooze:
random question: do you sow out a lot of seeds? like more than 10 at once?
I'm creating a thread atm and would love some input from people who sow out a lot and then cull the herd, any suggestions who to tag?

I'm creating a thread atm and would love some input from people who sow out a lot and then cull the herd, any suggestions who to tag?
I replied,maybe @stepside or @912GreenSkell with their outside grows?!

Hey I do grow a few strains every season(9 photo and 5 auto strains last season, a single plant of each) but I generally don't cull a plant unless it looks really, really bad which is extremely rare with the breeders I get seed from. Usually the only culling I do takes place with 20 days.

Hola Mi Amiga? Hang out with us for a while,lets keep this HST party kickin!!:pass:

Hey @budelee !

I was just thinking this morning, that with my present 3 x Early Top Tao (photo, reg) freebies that are now little seedlings,
and the other freebies, 6 x Mandala Safari (photo, reg) that I'll put down soon,
I should do something like keep 1/3 natural, 1/3 single top, and 1/3 top twice, for a nice comparison.
These are all photo / reg seeds, though, so ....

Not sure if I want to do it with the 8 auto strains I have, though. Will only plan to do 1 plant of each.
Want to build up my auto growing skills first before doing this.
Maybe. But on second thoughts, some like the SS Cream Mandarin XXL can apparently grow quite big.
Maybe a single top would also be nice.

Decisions, decisions.......

If you're working with strains that aren't stabilized properly,
you have a ton of seeds, lots of space, and the time,
then germing lots and lots of seeds, letting them grow some,
and then culling, is definitely a good option.
Breeding has a clear need to only select the best.
"Best" meaning the phenotype quality that you're looking for.

But... if you're breeding for yield, then you can't cull like this,
because that is culling while they are veging.
So you have to wait until they go all the way through,
then only take your seeds for next gen from the best.
Likewise if you're breeding for high / stone, flavor(s),
or stuff like that. You just have to grow them right out.

Ok, that's my 2c rant for the day.............. Back to the HSTing.....

:love:

Hey @budelee !

I was just thinking this morning, that with my present 3 x Early Top Tao (photo, reg) freebies that are now little seedlings,
and the other freebies, 6 x Mandala Safari (photo, reg) that I'll put down soon,
I should do something like keep 1/3 natural, 1/3 single top, and 1/3 top twice, for a nice comparison.
These are all photo / reg seeds, though, so ....

Not sure if I want to do it with the 8 auto strains I have, though. Will only plan to do 1 plant of each.
Want to build up my auto growing skills first before doing this.
Maybe. But on second thoughts, some like the SS Cream Mandarin XXL can apparently grow quite big.
Maybe a single top would also be nice.

Decisions, decisions.......
Sure thing..thinking about it now..this would be a way to keep the plants a little more hidden/not so obvious..when you start the training,keep us up to date!! sharing info is what keeps us growing!! Anytime you need anything,let us know!!

Sure thing..thinking about it now..this would be a way to keep the plants a little more hidden/not so obvious..when you start the training,keep us up to date!! sharing info is what keeps us growing!! Anytime you need anything,let us know!!

Will do, bro!

Back