Outdoor how to yield a pound outdoors?

one warm 90+ day with any wind and you don't climb that tree twice and water ...your plants are dead.

Not to mention as soon as you put a container in a tree there are animals who will nest in it...or dig it up...

its never gonna get to 90 im gonna try it anyway. what the hell. keep me busy when the time comes. i cant knock it till I try it

There are battery powered water pumps you can buy and attach them to drip tubes running to the top and water from the ground for the most part, then there is only the periodic checks to make sure they are surviving the wind etc. Photo period plants are great to do this with because you don't really have to worry about how big they get because the tree hides everything if done right. Really not that much work once the system is in place anyway....

thanks for all the info guys. im thinking bout doing a patch of 15 or so with a metal fence around to keep out the deer. Ill be planting between a upscale golf country club and a highway to cut down on foot traffic there probbaly is about a half mile of woods between the two. Any info on good spider mite/ bug repelent? preferablly organic but ill take non org. ones aswell.

Unless that metal fence is at leasts 8' high, deer can easily jump it. I've had great success with the Liquid Fence. Only needs to be applied once a month and in the 3 years I've been using it, I've seen hoof prints where the deer have walked right past my plants and not bothered them. I've never seen a mite repellent. Best bet is weekly treatments of insecticidal soap once the buds start to get a little bigger. That's when they usually hit em.

ive heard of insecticidal soap but is it a premixed solution you get at the dro shop or somthing you whip up on your own? and if you say they dont really attack till the buds are big would that mean i only have to worry bout them for the last three weeks of flower? thanks muddy

Unless that metal fence is at leasts 8' high, deer can easily jump it. I've had great success with the Liquid Fence. Only needs to be applied once a month and in the 3 years I've been using it, I've seen hoof prints where the deer have walked right past my plants and not bothered them. I've never seen a mite repellent. Best bet is weekly treatments of insecticidal soap once the buds start to get a little bigger. That's when they usually hit em.

Hey Muddy not trying to come off rude or anything. But I thought it wasn't a good idea to spray them once they started to bud

Having been a guerrilla grower since the early 80s , I have tried many things and narrowed it down to the best way ( for my area at least) . As was mentioned , swamps work really well . No worries on watering . Simply find nice mounds of higher land within the swamp and plant on the south side , not directly on the very top . Try to find mounds that have some alder or small tree growth as it helps to hide the plants .

For soil I usually use a mix of aged chicken manure , compost , worm castings , vercilimite , etc all mixed and put into small burlap bags . Can either dig a hole and add the soil or plop the bag down , cut and "x" into the top , and put the plant right into it . The bag blends in with the surroundings and will decompose over time to leave no trace .

DON'T trim a bunch of tree limbs to "get more sun" . Fresh cut limbs can be seen from a good distance and is a red flag to anyone that wanders into the area . If a branch or two gets into my way I simply break it to hang , but leave it . We have ice storms here that cause damage like that so it seems normal .

One thing that new growers tend to do that causes them trouble is to go out in the spring and find their spots to plant . The problem with that is you are only seeing what the area looks like without a summers growth , as well as the spring runoff of winter . Best time to scout for spots is mid/late summer for the next season . Then a recheck in the fall to see if the area is visited by hunters .

Sounds funny but I will actually bring a small fold up shovel some times and dig up some of the soil and bring it home . I try out a tomato plant or something similar in the soil to see how good it is . You would be amazed at how good some soils are and how bad others are . And it is not a happy thing to find out AFTER you have put your plants in .

There must be some whacked out deer in your neck of the woods Muddy!

Deer and elk really can jump very high, I worked on an elk ranch for a while (granted elk are stronger than most deer) and welded gates, fencing, performed inoculations etc. We had a minimum height of 13 feet for all gates and fencing and we would still get the odd wild bull that wanted to screw the entire herd of females and would actually clear the fence somehow... I also grew some weed out there and never had a problem with critters, as Muddy said, using liquid fence on the pots and surrounding area...

Back