Harvest & Curing How do you store your seeds?

giphy-3.gif

In the fridge, in a plastic bait box divider. That way I can keep it somewhat organized. Skunk compartment, sativa compartment, hybrids, indicas, and singles is how I keep some order. I just leave them in the little plastic bags they arrive in. They can last years in the fridge, without a loss of vigor. Freezing can make seeds last a few decades. People have seeds over 20 years sprout no problem. I would not count on all to last that long, but some certainly will.

I have fund that just storing them in open container in my kitchen cabinet is fine. After about 2 years the germination rate starts to drop and by year 3 it is usually down to about 50% but by then I have usually ventured on to other projects or have already re bred the seeds for new seeds.

all I know is chem done seeds verses organic seeds,the organics will out last in perfect conditions for a decade or better. a sealed jar wirth a desicant pack or two.( i use a 10 gram one,single) in the back of the fridge. most of my chem seeds are literally green BB's that almost never germ,verses my organic seeds I have...every time almost without fail. hope that helps.sealed,dark,cold(40f or so) and dry..

Back