Harvest & Curing How do you store your seeds?

Keeping mine in the freezer at 30 Degrees... In the original packaging if possible if not then just a little sealed bag, then I put those in a C-Vault sealed container THEN I put the C-vault in a lock-box and THEN the lockbox goes to the freezer. I know it seems excessive but I am trying to achieve the longest life possible for the beans. Cold, Dry and Dark is the name of the game boys. :coffee2::woohoo1::smoking:

I'm curious as to the most popular way we all store our seeds? Anyone and everyone please weigh in!!

I store my beans in the freezer...

*sharing one*

Mine are in small packs in a large plastic bait box in the bottom of my fridge the temp :shrug: and I got 100% germ on some 4 year only seeds

Damn I'd love to just take the seed box and plant everything on the mountain side auto and photos then I could damn near harvest the whole time from may to hell Jan this year if ya had some extreme cold tolerant plants

Keeping mine in the freezer at 30 Degrees... In the original packaging if possible if not then just a little sealed bag, then I put those in a C-Vault sealed container THEN I put the C-vault in a lock-box and THEN the lockbox goes to the freezer. I know it seems excessive but I am trying to achieve the longest life possible for the beans. Cold, Dry and Dark is the name of the game boys. :coffee2::woohoo1::smoking:

I can hardly read that my eyes feel like they are constantly focusing and re focusing it's just that color

Seeds in fridge inside old big washed vitamin container. Insi
I keep mine in their original packaging in a glass jar in the fridge ... I also have several inches of instant rice in the bottom of the jar for moisture control ... should be good for several years ...
:headbang:

I do something very similar to this. Only had short term storage so far but 100% germ rate.

I keep my seeds in a dark cool(room temp) location. They germinate at about 90% after several years of storage. No special moisture control as I live in a very dry climate. I have seeds that I most likely not use due to being fussy on what to grow next, so I should put them in the freezer but the missus will probably throw them out by mistake.

I just keep them in baggies in my tea cupboard .it stays about 10-25c in there and since I will be breeding I dont worry about long term storage.but if i did it would be sealed in the deep freezer.

Back