Harvest & Curing How do you store your seeds?

Ok I keep mine In original packaging or seed pods inside zip lock bags and then in a small cardboard box in my closet...

I have never looked into keeping beans for a while but I have more than I can run in 2 years.. what are some common ways to make sure they are good 2 years from now?

Great thread @Rebel :slap:

I keep mine in their original packaging in a glass jar in the fridge ... I also have several inches of instant rice in the bottom of the jar for moisture control ... should be good for several years ...
:headbang:

I keep mine in their original packaging in a glass jar in the fridge ... I also have several inches of instant rice in the bottom of the jar for moisture control ... should be good for several years ...
:headbang:

Rice is a good idea! How about some silica -based cat litter? That might be even better?

Yes I've used rice for storage and when mailing them as well.. I used to keep them in the fridge but for long term I've moved them all to the freezer... I've had 3 year old seeds germ right out of the freezer...

I'm curious as to the most popular way we all store our seeds? Anyone and everyone please weigh in!!

I store my beans in the freezer...

*sharing one*
In a safe room temp. I'd say 90% germ rates. I try to avoid freezing pollen or seeds unless I know for a fact it won't be used for a very long time.

Salad compartment, bottom of fridge, in a tuppaware box, in baggies(most with labels, the others are my PR F1s and F2s). They seem to do alright, when required! I don`t freeze seeds cos my Freezers aren`t that reliable and my beans seem to like the fridge. :smokeit: :pass:

Back